Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Heater Body Suit

Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
I have one and love it!!!! Its works great and is well built. Easy to carry, it keeps you warm no matter how cold it is.

Hatchet Jack
take your HBS suit to amish.have them cut holes in side for your arms to come out.go to the fabric shop in wal-mart and buy MAGNETS .sew the magnets into openings.

this way you will not need zipper to open the sides to get your arms out.
DO THIS AND YOU WILL HAVE BEST SUIT AND WARMEST .........

sproul has spoken...........
Old 02-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

You will be able to shoot a lot better using the HBS as is. Have you tried shooting with a huge jacket sticking out from your chest? It's not easy, and I don't know why you would want to open up the sides to wind and whatnot just to be able to take your arms out a different way.

I've shot multiple deer with my HBS on, and have never been picked off opening up the front to grab my bow. Seems that this is a popular thread for people who don't own a HBS to comment on how it could be better, why it's so expensive, etc... If you want to spend a few hours driving around, cutting holes in this, sewing that, and whatnot to finally end up with a workable, yet inferior product, it's fine. I am more than happy to pay for quality shipped to my door, and the HBS delivers. Period.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MNDan
You will be able to shoot a lot better using the HBS as is. Have you tried shooting with a huge jacket sticking out from your chest? It's not easy, and I don't know why you would want to open up the sides to wind and whatnot just to be able to take your arms out a different way.

I've shot multiple deer with my HBS on, and have never been picked off opening up the front to grab my bow. Seems that this is a popular thread for people who don't own a HBS to comment on how it could be better, why it's so expensive, etc... If you want to spend a few hours driving around, cutting holes in this, sewing that, and whatnot to finally end up with a workable, yet inferior product, it's fine. I am more than happy to pay for quality shipped to my door, and the HBS delivers. Period.

respectfully, but WHO WANTS TO LET OUT ALL YOUR HOT AIR LIKE THE HEATER BODY SUIT does when you open it.at 15 degrees with wind blowing,i might be out of suit holding my bow/gun waiting for shot on a buck 15 MINUTES.

THATS NOT FOR ME...brrrrrrrrrrr,we TESTED both the HBS/WB...go onto to you tube and enter HEATER BODY SUIT VRS WARMBAG ..watch video. that is SOME of our testing..................
soooooooooooooo,sproul is no rookie on what is with these suits and 46 yrs hunting bucks,a lot on a plywood board in a tree,haha.
i talked to tom schneider many times on this.he is owner of HBS ,i also talk to owner of WARMBAG ,his name is joe light.
both very nice people,the best.

both suits have their good/bad.i just listed the BAD on the HBS.remember the purpose of HBS is so you can dress lightly.the HBS is warmest suit out there,NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT..........

TAKE CARE ,SPROUL
Old 02-25-2010, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
take your HBS suit to amish.have them cut holes in side for your arms to come out.go to the fabric shop in wal-mart and buy MAGNETS .sew the magnets into openings.

this way you will not need zipper to open the sides to get your arms out.
DO THIS AND YOU WILL HAVE BEST SUIT AND WARMEST .........

sproul has spoken...........
IF it ain't broke, why fix it. I have no problem shooting. I did have my taylor sew five inside pockets to fit large hand warmers. You will not get cold in this thing, even if you unzip and zip back up. Between the hand warmers and body heat your warm in no time. Not a bad idea though sproulman!

Hatchet Jack
Old 02-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
IF it ain't broke, why fix it. I have no problem shooting. I did have my taylor sew five inside pockets to fit large hand warmers. You will not get cold in this thing, even if you unzip and zip back up. Between the hand warmers and body heat your warm in no time. Not a bad idea though sproulman!

Hatchet Jack
sproul has now invented a new heater suit.its called WBHBS INFERNO suit.warmbag top on the heater body suit bottom.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Spike

Love my Heater Body Suit.
Once the temps drop below 30, I break out the HBS.
One of the better investments I've made.

John
Old 02-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by John Doe
Love my Heater Body Suit.
Once the temps drop below 30, I break out the HBS.
One of the better investments I've made.

John
yes, they are nice. i use the WARMBAG at 50 degrees hunting archery here in fall in pa. with very little clothes on.same could be used on HBS too.it rains a lot in archery.i never have right rain gear when it rains.
so WARMBAG is great for me when i know it may rain,i just leave the zipper open on front before it rains to stay cool and wear just camo pants/shirt.rain starts i close it or sit out of it..

this saves me buying raingear for early archery which is always clamy inside on you.

the WARMBAG i can stay dry without tight clamy feeling in rain.

i just ordered one as i boweered the one i am using now.

it was 250 without shipping...........take care sproul
Old 03-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

HBS is being used a lot in my area.some are using it for duck hunting, they lay right on ground and shoot up at ducks in snow.
HBS is built heavier than the WB.it is more expensive about 60 dollars but is built better.

i like WB but both are nice.i coyote hunt in nasty weather in winter and this helps sitting on ground.both owners are nice people and both give good warranty............

HBS is made in USA,WB is made in VIETNAM.......
Old 10-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

I bought the HBS, hasn't arrived yet but i look forward to testing it. If i don't stay warm im sending it back as per their guarantee. I don't think I will get cold though

Sewing the small pockets for hand warmers was a great idea! I also found that the therma care body warmers worked even better then hand warmers. They stay hot for 8 hours! find the wallgreens brands and its cheaper i only use these when its below zero...
Old 10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default hbs

i dont believe you will be cold.i dont own the HBS but i never heard of anyone getting cold.
i have WARMBAG and its warm too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.