Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cabela's Warning

Old 08-13-2009, 04:02 PM

Default Cabela's Warning

I bought a Lowrance LMS 522c iGPS unit from Cabala’s website on January 20 2009 for a brand new Skeeter boat that I purchased at the Rockingham boat show. Although I bought it in January, it was not installed on my boat until April and I picked up my boat late April first of May. Well at first the unit worked fine, after a couple of times out in the rain it would act weird, shutting off and it would get dimmer and dimmer, things like that. Eventually it started blowing fuses in my boat and finally went dead and would not turn on at all. Naturally I contacted Lowrance customer service and was told that they did not give returns or credit to consumers that bought their product from a dealer that Lowrance sells to but that it is under warranty. They had me contact the dealer that I bought it from Cabala’s. No big deal, I will get in touch with Cabala’s and work it that way. Cabalas will not take it back at all. They told me I had to go through Lowrance, and that the model was discontinued. Over the years I have spent thousands of dollars at Cabala’s both on line, and at their Maine store. I even get the hard cover catalog from them every year. They always had great customer service in the past the customer was always number 1, not any more. So for you sportsman out there watch out when you are dealing with Cabala’s they are only after the almighty dollar. I know I will never ever buy from them again. I always thought when I read something like this that the person was just a complainer and probably complains about everything. I don’t complain unless I get cheated and I feel that I got screwed over by Cabala’s.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

I hate that you have a bad Lowrance LMS 522c iGPS unit from Cabala’s.

But What does it have to do with, The 2009-2010 Firearm Deer Hunting Contest?
Old 08-14-2009, 06:31 AM
Spike

Cabela's sold me a PineRidge scope that was defective and since it was over 30 days (I didn't have an oportunity to put it on the rifle until 23 days had passed and the store is over 100 miles away It was 45 days before I returned to the store). I could not return it nor could I get it fixed. Buyer beware Cabela's told me they don't fix scopes and all scopes that are returned are sold though the Bagain Cave AS IS an there is no recourse to have it fixed or replace if its their brand.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are talking about an electronic device. I know of no dealer that will return electronics once installed, you need to deal with the manufacturer.

222, It states in the disclaimer that they will not accept a scope after it has been mounted. Every retailer has the same policy.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Both cases are pretty straightfoward. These return policies are pretty much standard. Lowrance should be able to repair the unit under warranty. Did you ask for help or did you call demanding a refund? As for the scope I know of no retailer that will return a scope that has been mounted. Since the Pine ridge is a cheapo store brand made by who knows who good luck tracking that down.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

a little off topic, but i find it funny that there is an add for cabelas rifle scopes at the bottom of this thread. lol just thought i would share