Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

cutco knife

Old 01-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default cutco knife

My buck knife loses its edge easily and thinking about a cutco.Everyone who has one raves about it. Are they that good?
Old 01-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: cutco knife

ORIGINAL: vadeerkiller

My buck knife loses its edge easily and thinking about a cutco.Everyone who has one raves about it. Are they that good?
My wife gave me this CutCo #1765on Jan 1970 and I have used it 3 to 4 times a year for 38 yrs. I have never sharpened it, just Hone it and Leather Strap it....

Before the CutCo I used a Shrade-Walden M-15 for a few years

Old 01-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Inactive

VA: I was given a cutco hunting knife by my wife as a B'day present in 1979. It has the serrated blade and black rubber handle. Last year i had the misfortune of breaking one of the serations off the blade. I sent it back to Cut-co and within 2 weeks i had a brand new knife (complete with new style sheath) at no charge what-so-ever.
BTW - the older knife was used at least 4 times a year and never had to be resharpened. Needless to say - I swear by them !!

Rebel: Is that knife you have still available ?? I is not listed in their cataloques here in Canada. I would be interested in obtaining one.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Typical Buck

While I don't have a Cutco hunting knife, we have several kitchen knives they are by far the best knives we have. They are a few years old and are still very sharp. One day I will have a Cutco hunting knife.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:08 AM

My best friend is a Cutco Sales Rep, she's tried to sell me one of these. Maybe i can talk her into giving me a discount
Old 01-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: x-Mountie

Rebel: Is that knife you have still available ?? I is not listed in their catalogues here in Canada. I would be interested in obtaining one.
I think they were discontinued a few years ago and are vintage now..

There are some on eBay!

Cutco Hunting Knife, Kitchen, Hunting items on eBay.com
Old 01-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've got a couple of their drop-point knives. Really a very well made knife. The only thing I would do different is that I'd probably just order the plain edged knife rather than the "double diamond" serrated edge, because, with the serrated edge, you have to send it back to Cutco for sharpening.

http://www.cutco.com/products/produc...itemGroup=5718
Old 01-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Spike

best knives i have ever had. i have the bigger one in a serrated edge and all my buddies use it and always talk that they are going to buy one but the next year they just use mine again. i used to have the small 3in folding one in a serrated edge also. i used to use it to gut all my deer even cut through the pelvic bone. i also have the fillet knife. its pretty good, you are able to adjust the length on it
Old 02-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Spike

used to sell cutco. they are amazing. they have a hunting knife with their "serrated" edge. you can unzip a deer in nothing flat.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

with out a doubt the best hunting knife I've got . Mine even has a orange handle witch makes it almost impossible to loose

Quick Reply: cutco knife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.