Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 help me buy cold weather hunting boots >

help me buy cold weather hunting boots

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

help me buy cold weather hunting boots

Old 11-25-2007, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default help me buy cold weather hunting boots

What all do you think the best pair of cold weather hunting boots is, I am hoping to spend nothing over 85 bucks, I know cabelas has a few pairs at the price or below. I am thinking 400g to 800g insulation.

Thanks in advanced!
Old 12-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: help me buy cold weather hunting boots

If your wanting to hunt cold weather I would recommend more insulation than 800. But it depends if you are going to be sitting in a stand or walking around. I would check out the Rocky boots. You can get a 1000 gram boots that are completely waterproof for around $89. I have a pair of them and they work great. On really cold days (around 0-30 degrees) when I am sitting in my stand for a while I like to use toe warmers but any temp above 30 I don't really need them.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

For your price range I'd check out Irish Setter's. Mine have outperformed rocky's easily and that was before they became walmart specials (aka reasonable). Couple a 800gr -1000grboot with polyproplene sock liners and good wool socks you should be ok in moderately cold weather. Make sure you buy them to have room to wiggle the toes with your heaviest socks.

I guess it depends on how cold your talking but to me good boots come with a price if you will be sitting for extended periods of time. Up here right now with the windchill it isclose to-40c,air temperature is sitting at -25c. If I were hunting on such a day I would be wearing pack boots made by Schnee. I have had a lot of boots and by far the best boot I have owned are the Schnee's when the mercury drops. These boots have a good grip/sole and are functionable on the move as well. Mine are Extreme's with 1000gr total weight insulation and sell for around 200.Money wellspent fora cold weather hunting/winter boot.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Ive had good luck with my Cabelas Predator Extreme pac boots but they are a little over your price range.My feet get cold easy and these boots make my feet "tolerable" to stay out when the temperature drops.Hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:52 AM
Spike

For stand hunting you can't beat the Beta brand Mickey Mouse boot(white in color). Should be able to find them for under $100. Make sure they say Beta on the bottoms.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to find good boots cheap. Perhaps the best option would be to use your current boots but simply adding a pair of Artic Shield boot covers. These covers are awesome and I can use them in very cold conditions. Howeer oncethe temps get really nasty I trust a pair of Rocky Snow Stalker Extreme. Also, the new Cabela's Stillhunter 1400's are awesome and I look forward to spending many hours in these boots!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sportsman's guide has a pair of pak boots on sale for under $50.00, I just recently picked up a pair of these and they ARE warm while worn up in a treestand for 5+ hours!!! The Rocky boots and knee high rubber boots are fine if your walking and moving around a lot while hunting. But if you plan on sitting in a stand all day, nothing can beat the pak boots!!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a link to those boots!! One thing, they seem to run small, I normally wear a size 11, but ended up going with a size 12.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=88570
Old 12-13-2007, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: maytom

Here's a link to those boots!! One thing, they seem to run small, I normally wear a size 11, but ended up going with a size 12.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=88570
It's too bad they didn't come in real tree camo... I would be buying a pair of these!
Old 12-16-2007, 05:49 PM

I am getting the Bass Pro Redhead Glacier Boots
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults
friends of mine had them work great pretty cheap good boots