Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

tree lounge tree stand

Old 12-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: tree lounge tree stand

I did find some photo's of it that I took last year when he said he would consider selling it. If anyone interested PM me.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:24 AM

There is no perfect stand for all hunting situations, i own 2 tree lounges. I use them pretty much everytime i go hunting during gun season. they are without a doubt the safest most comfortable stand you can own. Yes they are heavier than some other models out there, but they also pack together much more compact than most other portable stands. If you are making alot of noise while packing the stand, you arent taking the time to pack it right, it doesnt make any clanging noises if its packed right. I can put it on the tree and be hunting just as fast as my summit razor, and just as quiet. Yes i own a summit razor, i use it during bow season becausei dont like bowhunting from my tree lounge. But if for some reason i was forced to make a decision and could only have 1 climber, I would definatly have to keep my lounge!
Old 12-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a used one for sale. its the old original style.i have 2 and keeping one because im using ladder stands mostly these days. -pm me if interested.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well if it makes you feel better you can dealwith all its short comings. There's a better stand out there and its called a Summit and thats from expierience. 10 miles to your stand? Wow, is that up hill both ways in the snow??
I have 2 Treelounges the old version with the square tubing. I also own a Summit Viper,a Grand Old man multivision and another tree stand that is no longer made that was made in NC.

Quietest of the bunch going up and down trees is the Old Man..no contest , it makes zero noise and clings to the tree like no tomorrow. If you have to adjust your treestand while 30' up no contest it makes less noise then the Summit. 1/2 day hunting stand

Summit Viper is a good strong stand and I have no problems with it..a few pounds lighter then the Old Man not by much. Very Comfortable stand for 1/2 day of hunting

Tree Lounge is the safest of all of them, I can sleep in mine and have and never ever have to worry about falling out of it, I use a safety harness because I am accustomed to them but this stand doesn't really need one. It has it's idiosyncracies like all the stands do worst being a littleheavy and noisier to set up then the othersbut when I put my weight on it 30' up in the air it is going nowhere. I can stay in it all day long and that is when the hunting is the best.

The newer model that came out after the original owners(Hices) sold their business is a disaster and an accident waiting to happen. I purchased one and sold it after using it 3 x .As soon as they bought back the business they changed immediately to the old square tubing.As long as the originals last I will just keep maintaining them . It was a good idea 20 years ago and still a good stand today.

function ResizeTextArea(){
// return;
var TextArea = document.getElementById("body1");
var sX = document.body.clientWidth;
var sY = document.body.clientHeight;
var sppp = 350;
if (TextArea){
TextArea.style.width = (sX-200>=450)? (sX-200) +'px' : '450px';
if (sY=300)? '270px': (sY-sppp
Old 12-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

i know 5-6 guys that bought them,they all hated them .they've all been sold,cheap.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: srwshooter

i know 5-6 guys that bought them,they all hated them .they've all been sold,cheap.
Would you care to tell us why????
Old 12-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: srwshooter

I guess thats the good thing about the Treelounge, you either love 'em or hate 'em! Those that hate 'em, usually sell 'em cheap to those of us who love 'em! Borrowed one 15 years ago, loved it! Then I bought my own for 100.00 from a Treelounge hater! His loss was my gain!
Old 12-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Treelounge........
You might find one a little quieter, you might find one a little lighter, but you won't find one more comfortable or safer! Priceless!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Fork Horn

i put a tree lounge and a gunslinger side by side and tried both carrying in and set up. i bought the gunslinger. imagine sitting in a lounge chair at 20 feet
Old 12-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

SAFE,if you put the bow platform on it ,its about the most unsafe stand i ever seen. you only stand 4 ft from the tree .

Quick Reply: tree lounge tree stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.