Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 River's West customer service... >

River's West customer service...

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

River's West customer service...

Old 04-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default River's West customer service...

After dealing with them, I have come to the conclusion that the only joke bigger than the 10 year guarantee ambush clothing would be their customer service...junk from the top down...
Old 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: River's West customer service...

I saw there clothes line at cabelas and was very impress. Can you provide a little more info on why you don't like them. Is there stuff not waterproof ? It doesn't keep you warm? etc.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I was pretty impressed when I checked them out as well. The clothes are well thought out and quiet but the only big rain I ever hunted in with them I got so wet I nearly froze. Im not talking a little seepage...Im talking boxers soaked wet. It generally takes an act of God or more to get me out of the stand anyways but I nearly had to have help that day I was so cold.

After weeks of trying to get thru to customer service I finally got a Return Auth #. Sent them back and got them back today which would be a little over a month later with a note that said "Sorry for the any inconvience you may have had. We have welded the seams in your Ambush Jacket and Trail pant. This process SHOULD take care of any leaking issues you experienced"

Well the only thing I can tell from looking at the clothes is that they stink to high heaven of some sort of solvent or glue. Very strong smell..

Can someone tell me wtf welding the seams means? Glue?? It sure smells it...I cant wait to take them ut and get warm in them and start sweating so I can awaken that solvent smell back and watch the deer haul ass for parts unknown.

Keep in mind these are NOT cheap clothes and for them to take that long and then band-aid cure them with some kind of crap like that....it just didnt impress me much. These clothes should have been replaced...not repaired. I put these clothes in the washer before I sent them back and I have seen blue jeans repel water better. I know a couple of other guys that ordered and wore these clothes and they dont have any issues..but mine are total junk and the customer service seems to match them.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

IALSO WENT ON THEIR WEB SITE AND READ ALL THE RAVE REVEIWS FROM ALL THE HUNTING MAGAZINES. I GUESS THATS ALL #BS. I AGREE THEY SHOULD HAVE REPLACED YOUR ORDER. I KNOW YOU WOULD NOT RECOMEND THEM TO ANYONE & I DON'T BLAME YOU. I FEEL THE SAME WAY WHEN I BUY GORE-TEX BOOTS, FOR SOME REASON THEY ALL LEAK. EXCEPT HINKING BOOTS FROM CABELAS.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:25 PM

Too bad. I do however find it somewhat ironic that so many folks look to get water proof clothing that is quiet for those instances it may downpour. All the downpours and solid continuous rains that I have been in have created quite a bit of noise, so why worry about being silent/quiet? The best waterproof stuff I have every used was the goretex jacket and pants I used and currently have from the Army. Kind of heavy, yes, but definetly very waterproof. Again too bad.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Waterproof should mean waterproof..lol. Quiet or loud...
Old 04-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Mine works fine except I do get a little wet from not being breathable. Sorry to hear about your experience. I understand your frustration since these are not cheap stuff. Also even new, these doesn't have any glue smells to me. So I don't really understand they would do that to yours. Maybe talk to them again to get it replace. Goodluck.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Owners, Can you set me straight, River west clothes are they everyday hunting wear or bascally only good for when it rains?

If you are doing alot of walking are they any good or do you overheat real quick? I was thinking abount buying a pair for everyday hunting pants to replace my "saddle cloth pants" which they don't make anymore.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Do you live in the rain country? If not, I would NOT recommend because it is NOT breathable. They do have zipper vents, but even I don't sweat and I still get moister inside. They're not good for a lot of walking. So with a little info about your hunting situation, I say go with a different line of cloth.

I hunt from treestand, so I got my eyes on those dead silent Maddog fleece. I'll have my RiversWest ready for the rain.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought mine for rain only...they definitely arent breathable syasjab said.. definitely more of a rainy day in the treestand piece. I did wear mine on a dry day when it was pretty cold...but you have to move VERY slow to keep from melting down in them. Worked well for that purpose as it made me hunt very slowly.

I emailed them twice asking about the glue smell and they have never emailed me back.....so I dunno...probably have to sell these. Glad you like yours as I had high hopes for mine...lol...just didnt work out.. I would rather hunt in the rain than anything...seems like the deer always move good.

Im still researching on the quiet rain gear.

Quick Reply: River's West customer service...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.