Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Scopes from Sportsman's Guide

Old 10-31-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Scopes from Sportsman's Guide

Has anyone had any experience with scopes from the Sportsman's Guide? I see the BSA's and Guidegear scopes in there that look incredibly awesome for the price but I have never bit the bullet (pun intended) to get one and try it out. Have any of you guys checked them out? I am thinking of possibly going with one of the ones with the lighted reticle or dot. What I'm looking to do with it is shoot Coyotes at night with my .22-250. Any and all comments are welcome.
Thanks,
College Student on a budget
Old 10-31-2005, 06:38 PM

Default RE: Scopes from Sportsman's Guide

I got their catalog today with what they are calling a varmint scope. 6.5-20X50mm
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=195722
How can they be selling a scope like this for $49.97 if it's worth a darn? What do you guys think?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a BSA scope from there. I have no complaints. Works just like a more expensive scope!
Old 10-31-2005, 07:21 PM

Can you tell me any of the specs on yours? And have you used it at night at all? I'm wondering what kind of light transmission they might have. That's one thing they don't put in the catalog.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have very limited experience with bsa scopes but the little that I did have was not pleasant.A fellow from work bought one because he could not resist the price.However after about three boxes of ammunition fired from his 7mm remmag,something came loose in the scope and began rattling.Shortly after it fogged up.I haven't seen many scope failures,but those that I have seen were
bsa-as described

simmons-went blurry after about 30 rounds,sent back under warranty,went blurry again-this time garbaged

simmons-crosshairs broke

nikko sterling two scopes,crosshairs broke in both after being used on 338win

tasco-POI shifted 3" at 100 yards when the magnification was adjusted from 3x to 9x

burris-windage adjustment would move fully to one side by itself

bushnell sportveiw-POI shifted 2" when adjusted from 3x to 9x

All of these scopes with the exception of the burriswere lower priced scopes,most under $100.Coincidence?

Old 10-31-2005, 07:49 PM

I'm planning to use mine on a .22-250. I don't think it would shake loose the crosshairs...I've had both Tasco and Simmons scopes on it without problems. I'm just looking to have a little more magnification and use it at night. Mulie what caliber gun do you have your scope on?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:50 PM

I'm planning to use mine on a .22-250. I don't think it would shake loose the crosshairs...I've had both Tasco and Simmons scopes on it without problems. I'm just looking to have a little more magnification and use it at night. Mulie what caliber gun do you have your scope on?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:57 PM
Spike

I bought a Barska 4-12x50 with lighted recticles from Sportsmans Guide. I mounted the scope on my Kodiak Muzzleloader. Yeah I know it is a bit more scope than I need on the muzzleloader but hey for the price why not? It held up just fine during all the break in and sighting in shots I fired. I am please so far.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:49 PM

i wouldnt buy a lighted reticle scope for nite use when you turn it on it will blind you use a scope mounted light instead i have an optronics it is good out to 350 yards , i have a bsa 6.5 x 24 on a 220 swift its a fi ne scpe
Old 11-01-2005, 06:51 PM

I'm not yet sure if it is legal in Wisconsin to shoot a coyote with the aid of a light. I've gotten 3 different answers from 3 different DNR officers.

Quick Reply: Scopes from Sportsman's Guide

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.