Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Scopes from Sportsman's Guide

Old 11-02-2005, 03:45 AM

Default RE: Scopes from Sportsman's Guide

Take a chance! for the money the guide gear scopes cost, it would be no big deal if it turns out to be crap. BTW I think the guide gear stuff is made by Barska whcih I have no complaints about being a really cheap scope. But you might want to check out the Bushnell Banner series.
okcmco
PS sportsmans guide is a good retailer and it is quite painless to deal with them

Old 11-02-2005, 08:18 AM

I've bought a lot of gear from the Guide over the years. I have never been dissapointed, but I always keep in mind "you get what you pay for".

I would have no problem putting one of thier Guide Gear scopes on a small caliber rifle, but I'd be a bit leary on a larger caliber rifle due to the "shock" factor. As stated earlier, it seems a "cheaper" scope will not hold up well on a big bore rifle.

I putone of thier Barksared dot scopes on myRuger 10/22 and have no complaints.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:24 PM

Hi,
I posted the same question a couple of weeks ago and after all the info, I ordered the Simmons 44 mag 6.5-20 with illuminated reticle from the sportman's guide for night time coyote hunting. I also have 2 optronic lights that I use, one scope mounted and one handheld.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont like have the shot of a lifetime and a 50$ scope. The cheaper scopes arent as clear. If you want a good deal on a scope look into a refurb of a good brand name. Natchez Shooting supplies sells alot of refurbed Nikon and Burris which are both top names.
I sight in guns for peeps who dont have time/patience to do it themselves and its pretty obvious the difference in cheap stuff. I dont think you need a 1000$ Kahles scope but why buy a 500$ rifle and put junk on it.