Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Nikon Monarchs 240.00

Old 07-03-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Nikon Monarchs 240.00

Well, the saga continues. My relentless searching of these binos has led me to a place called D&R Sports center witha price of 240.00 on the low end and 273.00 for the 12x42's. Anyone ever hear of this outfit? I can't see why you'd pass on these prices, for the "if it's too good to be true, it is"crowd, use a credit card and you'll be protected. This place is over 80 bucks cheaper than Cabelas.

Metro
Old 07-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Nikon Monarchs 240.00

Metro,

That $240 price quote sounds familiar. There was a user over on edersbow that quoted that price for the Monarchs some time within the last year. My guess is that it was from the same place. You may want to head over there and use the search function to find the post. If I remember correctly he was very happy with the service he received though the Monarchs were out of stock shortly after he posted.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:11 PM

I bought mine on eBay about 2 months ago for $219 + $10 shipping (Realtree 10x42)'s. They were brand new, sealed, zero problems.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't forget the big guys like Cabelas have higher overhead because of the retail locations, they have to charge the same price whether buying on the web or in the store. The smaller guy can more readily pass on the savings to the customer when they come across a good deal. Especially if it's a web based business. I usually view the going prices on Ebay as the lowest they can go and still make some profit. When able I prefer to handle the glass I plan on buying. That $ 240 sounds fair for a web based price.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:13 AM

With everything, I check it out at the local stores... over and over.. then buy it online.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:50 AM

Unfortunently I cannot find these glasses anywhere here in San Diego tolook through. It appears I'm gonna have to take the word of everyone out there in proputer land. Fortunently,I have read nothing but great reviews while scouring the internet for last week or so. I think I'm going to take the middle ground and go with the 10 powers vs. the 12's, a lot of forum posts have recomended 8's but I'm just not that far along in my recovery from "Tim the toolman Taylor more power" disease to go that low.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?c...TOKEN=61545511 this should help.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think I'm going to take the middle ground and go with the 10 powers vs. the 12's, a lot of forum posts have recomended 8's but I'm just not that far along in my recovery from "Tim the toolman Taylor more power" disease to go that low.
There is nothing wrong with going with the 10x model though I would suggest you go black instead of camo just based on the poor experience I had this past year. It must have been in at least one of the posts you researched. I still prefer the 8x and would offer that might be happier with them. However, since you do live "out west" the 10x might be more appropriate for the environment you are hunting in.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:15 AM

HuntElk4Fun said: "With everything, I check it out at the local stores... over and over.. then buy it online."

Let me see if I understand you correctly, you say you go down too a local place of business which is owned by a member of your own community, a person who employees local people, pays taxes and contributes too your own personal wellbeing and economy. You waste their time and money with questions and checking out equipment that is bought with their own dollar so that you can gather all your info and answer your questions and satisfy your own curiosities. THEN you leave that place of local commerce and rush home to buy it on line from someone who does NOTHING for you or your locale and you do it only for a few bucks?

YOU sir are a deplorable consumer and it's people like you that are seeing too it that one day we will ALL be ruled by boxstores and mega conglomerates with no chance of doing anything on our own or sharing in "the American dream". Let me ask you, what do YOU do for a living? I hope whoever buys whatever it is you make, do, service or sale for a living goes elsewhere with their support and after you lose your lifestyle and income perhaps you can understand the predatory nature of such buying styles that you practiced upon others.

SHAME ON YOU,
RA
Old 07-05-2005, 11:22 AM

I've bought scopes and black powder guns through D&R and had very good results.

Quick Reply: Nikon Monarchs 240.00

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.