Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Wild Hogs Completely Destroy Beautiful Backyard! >

Wild Hogs Completely Destroy Beautiful Backyard!

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Wild Hogs Completely Destroy Beautiful Backyard!

Old 08-29-2017, 05:47 PM
Spike

Default Wild Hogs Completely Destroy Beautiful Backyard!

So my mother-in-law called me to help out with a hog problem. I showed up to find that her beautiful backyard was completely trashed by hog damage. Now, my mother-in-law is not against hunting or hunters, she just doesn't like to talk or here about killing animals. But, since the hogs moved in a rooted up her precious yard, she's ready to start hanging hog heads from fence posts! I setup a hog trap with soured corn and was unsuccessful trapping anything. The third night I decided to campout on the back porch to see if anything would show up. Finally, at 10:30 pm, 3 or more hogs started walking up in the tree line on the edge of the yard. I was able to drop the first sow ready away with a headshot before the others darted off back in the woods. Check out all of the damage that was done to this beautiful backyard and the sow that paid the ultimate price..

Last edited by HansETX; 08-29-2017 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

They really tore that lawn up. Looks like a small sounder.

I remember calling a friend to tell him the Hogs had been on his lease. Told him the Hogs had torn up a pasture pretty good. He asked me if I could replace the divots and clean it up a little. The local farmer was giving him grief over crop damage. I busted out laughing and said a few days with a front loader and I could maybe fix it up a little. That was one unhappy farmer. He said his Cows won't feed in a pasture full of pig poop.

I collected a bunch of Dog scat from a local Animal shelter. Traded them dog food for poop. Worked somewhat to deter them, I was trying to save some poor farmers Strawberries. Tried an electrified fence which also worked somewhat for awhile.

Usually after the second or third loss of a sounder member they will move on and bother somebody else. One reason we don't often shoot the biggest Hog, because they are usually the leader and the smartest. We harvest a couple of the middle size and the leader gets the message and avoids that spot for awhile.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:55 PM
Spike

yeah, that's a good idea. it'll take alot of work to fix this yard back the way it was...
Old 09-17-2017, 05:41 PM
Spike

Nice Flir Thermal Scope. Is that an R series?

Did the other hogs come back? Or does the blood from the lead pig keep them away?
Old 09-18-2017, 06:17 AM
Spike

I'm using a Armasight Flir Predator 336... No the blood won't keep the others away or from coming back unfortunately. I've seen hogs eat corn around a dead hog before...
Old 09-18-2017, 10:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Take Irish spring soap (or any foo foo smelling soap) and tie bars around the yard. The smell usually keeps them away. Ive used it to keep deer and hogs out of gardens before.