Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Best Hog Hunting Bait Recipe? >

Best Hog Hunting Bait Recipe?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Best Hog Hunting Bait Recipe?

Old 07-07-2017, 06:25 AM
Spike

Default Best Hog Hunting Bait Recipe?

Here's a video of a great bait that has helped me shoot 40 in the same bait hole...

Old 07-07-2017, 06:40 AM
Spike

Let me know what your favorite recipe is?
Old 07-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

A feeder with corn does the job
Old 07-10-2017, 01:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe it can draw them in from a long ways off. I set up on a field where they were harvesting ripe strawberries. The pickers stepped on many and that whole field stank of Strawberries. The same night two sounders came in, merged and raided that field. That heavy mouth watering scent seemed to carry for a long ways and made it irresistible to them.

Corn always works. I typically save the last inch of my Beer for the Corn bucket, all my friends do the same. Corn soured with Beer works well for sending out a scent cone that can draw them in from a long ways off. Corn works, but first they have to find it, a strong scent makes it easier for them to find.

I've dug 18" deep holes with a post hole digger and put some offal in the bottom. Fox go ass in the air trying to dig the offal out. Why not for Hogs too, maybe just a different bait?

Last edited by MudderChuck; 07-10-2017 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:54 AM
Spike

They always come to my corn but only at night.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have been shooting hogs over corn feeders for years. The way to do it is feeders on a timer, the hogs get used to the sound of the feeder going off.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Spike

if hogs are not hitting the feeders well we sour corn in a bucket with grape soda its cheap and really smells. I make my living on hunting hogs and I put my money on grape soda
Old 11-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by AllOut Adventures
if hogs are not hitting the feeders well we sour corn in a bucket with grape soda its cheap and really smells. I make my living on hunting hogs and I put my money on grape soda

Do you soak the corn in the grape soda? Or just get it wet? The hogs have moved in on my place. They have destroyed a few food plots, so I'm looking for something to help take their mind off off my food plots lol plus who doesn't like pork chops and sausage? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Spike

I let it soak for a few days..
Old 11-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Spike

When it comes to hog hunting, one of the most effective tactics you can employ to bring the animals out in the open is by using hog bait. While hog bait can be bought straight off the shelf at your local outdoors store, at HOGMAN-OUTDOORS we’ve had great success in creating our own DIY hog hunting bait. Check out our tips for drawing out feral hogs below.

Hogs are Omnivores. Because hogs are omnivores, meaning they eat both plants and animals, a wide variety of baits can be used to successfully draw them in to the open. And hogs think with their stomach – the saying isn’t “eat like a pig” for nothing – meaning they’ll readily come out of cover when they smell food. That being said…

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.