Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Florida Hogs

Old 05-22-2017, 09:08 AM
Spike

Default Florida Hogs

I am moving to Florida in August. I plan on hunting as much as I can. One question I have is if I want to hunt Hogs on public land what do I need. I know I need WMA Permits, do I need a general hunting license? and am I limited to only the dates of Archery, Gun and Muzzle loading seasons or can I hunt them year round on public land?

Kyle
Old 05-22-2017, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

All it takes to answer your questions is to look up the Florida Regulations on the internet website for the Florida DNR! Here is the section on hogs from the Regs:

Hunting
Wild pigs are legally defined as wildlife and are the second-most popular, large animal hunted in Florida (second only to the white-tailed deer).
On private property with landowner permission, wild pigs may be trapped and hunted year round using any legal to own rifle, shotgun, crossbow, bow or pistol. There is no size or bag limit, and you may harvest either sex. Also, no hunting license is required. A gun and light at night permit is not required to take wild hogs with a gun and light on private lands with landowner permission.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 05-22-2017 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-22-2017, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Here you go bud.

http://myfwc.com/hunting/

Click on wma brochures and a list of every wma will come up each have a brochure with map.

No you cannot hunt hogs year round on WMAs, but their are separate hog hunts. Also most wma that allow small game also allow hunting hogs. Mind you their are usually special regs on firearms during small game.

FL hunting is ridiculous because of all difference regs for each wma.

I suggest you call the local FWC office near whatever WMA you plan to hunt just to verify you understand the rules especially the first time you hunt it. I've been hunting FL for 25+ years now and I still call if I haven't hunted a WMA before.

You need to get you quota application in before June 15th. If you have questions on that pm me and I'll walk you through it.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:13 AM
Spike

Good luck with those hogs in Florida!