Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Quick Shot Boar, Long Shot Moving Coyote >

Quick Shot Boar, Long Shot Moving Coyote

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Quick Shot Boar, Long Shot Moving Coyote

Old 03-30-2017, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Quick Shot Boar, Long Shot Moving Coyote

Landowner in St. Jo said he was having problems in the west pasture and I did find some fresh rooting there. That is his cash crop hay pasture. So I cancelled my regular trip to TBR and guarded the pasture for several hours with no luck.

Before going home, I decided to walk about the east side of the property. I spied the hog with my handheld thermal and it kept disappearing on me. So I stalked about 150 yards or so closer to where it was after having lost it. What I did not realize is that there was a water retention berm and a steep dropoff behind it. That is where the hog was and where I finally glimpsed him again and not wanting to lose him again, shot him almost immediately. That went surprisingly well.

Did a little necropsy work and then headed back up the hill to finish my circuit when almost immediately I saw a coyote moving along. She was downwind and uphill from me and did not respond to my lipsqueaking. Even worse, she was moving away and was about to crest the ridge. I dropped her on the move at 182 paces.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the critters. Good shooting.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:28 PM
Spike

Great job...nice video