Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Feral Hog Patrol - 12 Down North Texas >

Feral Hog Patrol - 12 Down North Texas

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Feral Hog Patrol - 12 Down North Texas

Old 01-16-2017, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default Feral Hog Patrol - 12 Down North Texas

My buddy Alex is responsible for helping keep the hogs under control for a pecan grove operation in north Texas. I got invited up to help him along with two other buddies on what was a very chilly, wet, Saturday night. The normal routine is that we cruise through the various groves (and a couple of other properties) until somebody spies a hog. We then try to drive to a location down wind of the hogs and make a stalk. For this weekend, stalks ranged from 200-600+ yards. We made a total of 5 stalks with the first four being on singles and the last on a sounder. It was a productive night!

Old 01-16-2017, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
My buddy Alex is responsible for helping keep the hogs under control for a pecan grove operation in north Texas. I got invited up to help him along with two other buddies on what was a very chilly, wet, Saturday night. The normal routine is that we cruise through the various groves (and a couple of other properties) until somebody spies a hog. We then try to drive to a location down wind of the hogs and make a stalk. For this weekend, stalks ranged from 200-600+ yards. We made a total of 5 stalks with the first four being on singles and the last on a sounder. It was a productive night!

https://youtu.be/Q4CIKuuPpzc
Awesome shooting and video man I wish I was in on that !
Old 01-16-2017, 06:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on reducing the feral hog gene pool.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good job! Keep at it, as there will always be plenty of them around the way they reproduce!
Old 01-16-2017, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Good job! Keep at it, as there will always be plenty of them around the way they reproduce!
Yeah, there are! Four of the largest hogs taken from the sounder were pregnant females and if they were comparable to the one that dropped her litter prematurely, they are going go have 6 or more each, meaning that would account for another 24 hogs or so that won't be doing damage.

The pile of pecans is better than a feeder as far as being an attractant for the hogs. The grower actually crushes up the unused, rotten, wormy, old pecans and uses the material for compost and fertilizer. In the new groves, there is a healthy mat of that stuff around each tree.

This was my third time to hunt in the groves and what I have found interesting is that the hogs do not seem to do much rooting there. They seem to be after and pecans left on the ground and don't waste much time or effort on rooting.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Dang good shootin' !!

Tough looking bunch of shooters. Don't think I'd want to be a hog meeting up with you guys. OTOH, my buddy & I always say that if the hogs acquire firearms and start shooting back, we'll find something else to do …
Old 01-18-2017, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

That's some good there!! Stay after them
Old 01-20-2017, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default That pecan grove farmer from north Texas, hah,

must be getting ready to move pecan operations to China.

Of course, President Trump just appointed a Georgian to head the US Dept of Agriculture and they might have something to blasts those hogs. Guess you'll enjoy it while the shooting lasts.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Say what?
Old 01-21-2017, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Valentine
must be getting ready to move pecan operations to China.

Of course, President Trump just appointed a Georgian to head the US Dept of Agriculture and they might have something to blasts those hogs. Guess you'll enjoy it while the shooting lasts.
You're pretty dependable to post really some goofy stuff but this one is really strange. Care to offer an explanation of whatever point you're trying to make because I don't have a clue what they heck you're talking abut and I'm fairly smart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.