Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

No deer, got hog

Old 11-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default No deer, got hog

Deer activity been kind of low due to a few hogs. Finally got this boar that probably has been reeking havoc in the area. Ran a little over 100 yards. Hopefully the deer get back to normal, now there's 3 60lbers running around.
Attached Thumbnails No deer, got hog-img_20161111_214134.jpg  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go, my areas got the same problem but I'm enjoying it, figure we the acorns are gone and I've had some hogs the cold will bring deer to corn and I'll still get my deer as well. Hope I'm right and hope you have an awesome season
Old 11-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Great job I love hog hunting !!! I'll be Georgia in a few weeks
Old 11-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the big porker.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

We have many many hogs in our hunt club. This is number 11. I got 13 last year. And all were taken from the same stand. Cold weather in Florida is always a plus. Last Friday it got 42. I sat in the morning and didn't see junk, which was pretty frustrating cause I always have a lot of action on the camera when it has been that cold. I checked my other spot I hunt and there was tons of action there. Lol. I hate when that happens. Looks like another good cold front coming mid week, I might have to try and sneak in one morning or evening.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with putting a sausage maker on the ground.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Good job!

If your deer activity is actually lower due to hogs, then you have hogs living at your club or very close by. You need to get those rascals!
Old 11-14-2016, 12:17 AM
Typical Buck

Hogs are everywhere in my club. It's pretty annoying. Many people in my club do not hunt during spring or summer because it's just plain hot. I'm really one of maybe 4 out of 32 members that hunt year round. They will never be controlled sadly. We do not have clear cuts or fields to look at like you're able to.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

I understand. Only on occasion do I have the benefit of big, open pastures or fields. My place has clearings that are generally under 100 yards and I had to help open them.

If you aren't hazing the hogs sufficiently, then they will remain, no doubt. That just means more opportunity for you!
Old 11-15-2016, 11:37 AM
Spike

way to make lemonade out of lemons...or better said bacon out porkers! There has to be a lot of hunting pressure to keep wild pigs away if they have a food source, cover and water. They spread fast. from the ones I've seen, they got fat and happy on the acorns and now are probably raiding feeders ment for deer. Wait till deer season is over, there will be a lot of hungry porker coming in looking for food.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.