HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Farm Couple Attacked By Domestic Boar Hog (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/406348-farm-couple-attacked-domestic-boar-hog.html)

falcon 05-05-2016 02:37 PM

Farm Couple Attacked By Domestic Boar Hog

A MA farm couple were badly mauled in separate incidents by a domestic boar hog they owned. The husband was in critical condition from a severed artery.

i can't understand why the husband did not immediately kill the hog.

The strange story unfolded just before 6 p.m. with a 911 call after the farmer’s
wife was attacked by a boar and suffered serious lacerations. She was taken by
ambulance to Health Alliance Hospital in Leominster. Then just 90 minutes later,
police received another emergency call from the same farm after the man, fresh
off ******ing his injured wife to the hospital and then returning to the farm,
was attacked and bitten by the very same boar. The pig’s teeth severed a major
artery in his arm, and in the process of staggering out to the street, the man
nearly bled to death

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/05/0...townsend-farm/

Rabies, maybe?

Oldtimr 05-05-2016 02:41 PM

Not surprising, all hogs are mean, wild or domestic. I was with a friend when I was a kid on his farm who had the toe of his sneaker bitten off by a boar hog in the pig sty. You can't trust hogs, especially when their are more than one, they will kill you and eat you, bones and all.

muzzlestuffer 05-05-2016 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4257496)
Not surprising, all hogs are mean, wild or domestic. I was with a friend when I was a kid on his farm who had the toe of his sneaker bitten off by a boar hog in the pig sty. You can't trust hogs, especially when their are more than one, they will kill you and eat you, bones and all.

There's a few politicians I would like to throw in there with the hogs !

Oldtimr 05-05-2016 04:12 PM

Amen brother!

MudderChuck 05-05-2016 07:24 PM

Most wild hogs would rather run than fight, but there are exceptions.

Domesticated Hogs can also be dangerous, notional and have little fear of humans.

I dated a girl whose father owned a hog farm. He warned me about certain hogs, which ones to avoid. Some where friendly, some weren't.

I watched a Sow with piglets, in an outside pen, eat a four foot Timber Rattler. This Rattler was at lest 12 inches in diameter. The Rattler struck at her a couple times, she bit it once and swallowed it pretty much whole, jiffy quick, chomp, chomp, chomp and it was gone. I was astounded. I was thinking of running to my truck to get my shotgun, but she took care of business before I could even react. The bites didn't seem to bother her any.

muzzlestuffer 05-05-2016 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by MudderChuck (Post 4257524)
Most wild hogs would rather run than fight, but there are exceptions.

Domesticated Hogs can also be dangerous, notional and have little fear of humans.

I dated a girl whose father owned a hog farm. He warned me about certain hogs, which ones to avoid. Some where friendly, some weren't.

I watched a Sow with piglets, in an outside pen, eat a four foot Timber Rattler. This Rattler was at lest 12 inches in diameter. The Rattler struck at her a couple times, she bit it once and swallowed it pretty much whole, jiffy quick, chomp, chomp, chomp and it was gone. I was astounded. I was thinking of running to my truck to get my shotgun, but she took care of business before I could even react. The bites didn't seem to bother her any.

you brought up a good point i think if that pig saw hillary it would run the other direction talk about fear !!

CalHunter 05-05-2016 08:28 PM

Professional courtesy?? :eek:

Double Naught Spy 05-15-2016 11:57 AM

More people are killed by domestic hogs than by bears, mountain lions, or wolves. A bunch of people are killed by cattle as well. It is one of the hazards of rearing livestock.

Oldtimr 05-15-2016 12:02 PM

Muzzlestuffer, if a hog saw Hillary, it would turn away and leave her alone out of professional courtesy.

muzzlestuffer 05-16-2016 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4258624)
Muzzlestuffer, if a hog saw Hillary, it would turn away and leave her alone out of professional courtesy.

Yeah it would turn and run for sure and it probably would be found dead under suspicious circumstances? Lol