Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
OK Man Arrested For Importing Diseased Wild Hogs >

OK Man Arrested For Importing Diseased Wild Hogs

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

OK Man Arrested For Importing Diseased Wild Hogs

Old 03-27-2015, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default OK Man Arrested For Importing Diseased Wild Hogs

An OK man wanted to release wild hogs on his SE OK property. He went to TX and acquired 117 wild hogs. Some good citizen reported the guy and he was arrested in OK. Many of the hogs were diseased.

This is the kind of ignorance we are up against here in OK.

According to the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry, more than half of the swine tested positive for pseudorabies, which can be fatal to several different domestic animals and livestock. Some of the other swine tested positive for brucellosis, which can affect livestock and humans.

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/he...e15417551.html
Old 03-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good citizen!! The guy was, to put it bluntly, a complete IDIOT! Those 117 hogs would have decimated that property in a matter of days. Not to mention the reproduction rate they have, they would have been in the 500 range in a years time. I'm glad he got arrested and If I was the state I would research to find a way to sue the guy!
Old 03-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, the op said a good citizen reported the idiot, not that the guy who imported the hogs was a good citizen. There should be a severe penalty for that kind of stupidity. Hogs were released in many places that didn't have them because some nitwits decided it would be nice to be able to hunt them. I see ignorant hunters on website all the time lamenting they wish they had hogs in their state, those are the kind of people who release them.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know, I was applauding the Good Citizen for reporting him.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

The importer and the hogs both need to be in the same pen!!!!