Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Hog Hunting near Tallahassee, FL >

Hog Hunting near Tallahassee, FL

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Hunting near Tallahassee, FL

Old 12-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Spike

Default Hog Hunting near Tallahassee, FL

Hello fellow hunters!

I am new to this forum and am looking for a place to hunt hogs near Tallahassee. I'm thinking about the Aucilla WMA.

Also, is it best to just walk around the woods and try to stalk the hogs or sit still?

Thanks!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Spike

Default Aucilla

In years past I have shot many hogs in the Aucilla WMA. Since you cannot use bait you have a much better chance stalking them. Walk slow, listen, keep your eyes wide open. Most people who do not succeed walk way too fast.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Spike

Where in the WMA did you see them? I walked and scouted the northwest part of the WMA near HWY 59 and didn't see any hogs or any sign of hogs. I was thinking about trying the east side closer to the Aucilla River.

Thanks for the help!!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Spike

Gosh! It's been over 35 years ago. If I remember correctly it was near a river in the still hunting area. Best time was always in the late evening.