Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
bonded vs solid and or 95/5 >

bonded vs solid and or 95/5

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

bonded vs solid and or 95/5

Old 09-16-2014, 04:21 PM
Spike

Question bonded vs solid and or 95/5

anyone notice any difference on hogs or deer with these solid copper or 95%/5% bullets over the bonded style.

only reason i ask is im stocking up on new gear for the season and thought about trying one of the newer solid copper style rounds but if there not any different then ill just stick to the same bonded bullets iv been using.

dead is dead but if one goes threw bone better or gets better penetration maby it would be worth it.

caliber in use 223, 243, Florida sized deer, and hogs under 200 lbs more in the 50-125 range
Old 09-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tend to use Nosler Partitions for most of my hunting. They work well and I see no reason to mess with what works.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

No experience with hogs, but we've used both on deer and bear. Namely the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw and the Barnes X. I give the Barnes a slight edge - very slight. Like one gets an A and the other an A+. I think the Barnes penetrates a little better as they expand into a cutting, slicing machine. The Trophy Bonded is more of a blunt mushroom. But, both retain 90% or better so they both penetrate well enough to kill a hog.