Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hunting Axis deer

Old 07-19-2014, 04:16 AM
car
Typical Buck

Default Hunting Axis deer

I'm not big on hunting exotics but, I've always like the looks of a Axis deer. I've heard it is one of the best meats you'll ever eat. So I'm thinking about hunting them in the next year. Any suggestions on where or who to hunt with?
Old 07-19-2014, 04:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by car
I'm not big on hunting exotics but, I've always like the looks of a Axis deer. I've heard it is one of the best meats you'll ever eat. So I'm thinking about hunting them in the next year. Any suggestions on where or who to hunt with?
Yea; try the Red Stage Ranch down in Texas. It's 800 acres of high fence that will guarantee you a good one for only $3,500, LOL!
Old 07-19-2014, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default I like This

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Yea; try the Red Stage Ranch down in Texas. It's 800 acres of high fence that will guarantee you a good one for only $3,500, LOL!
I like this answer, 06, do they tie them to a post for you.Some people don't like running shot's. LOL.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:58 AM
car
Typical Buck

Not really looking for a high fence hunt lol. Gee only $3500
Old 07-19-2014, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you're looking for an Axis, Fallow, or Blackbuck you more than likely will have to go to a high fenced place down in Texas. There are some free ranging exotics that got out of enclosures, but it would literally be a shot in the dark to find them. I'd like to go on a free range Aoudad hunt out in west Texas sometime, as they look like a neat animal and the terrain they inhabit would make them a real challenge.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:16 AM
car
Typical Buck

If you're looking for an Axis, Fallow, or Blackbuck you more than likely will have to go to a high fenced place down in Texas. There are some free ranging exotics that got out of enclosures, but it would literally be a shot in the dark to find them. I'd like to go on a free range Aoudad hunt out in west Texas sometime, as they look like a neat animal and the terrain they inhabit would make them a real challenge.
I looked some and found several low fence operation down there. Hunting Aoudad would be nice. They're free range in NM too. Tags are pricey though.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in Utopia, TX about 10 years ago. No shortage of Axis out there and not in closures. Maybe there is some land around there you could hunt.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:36 AM
car
Typical Buck

I've been looking at a Texas hunting forums and it seems like hunting Axis is in big demand for hunters that live there. Kinda like giving up your honey hole for whitetail here in Ohio to someone else.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

email me at [email protected] and we can discuss a free range axis hunt.