Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Outfitter

Old 05-21-2015, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess it is a prerequisite for first timers Topper, digging up ancient posts.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
I guess it is a prerequisite for first timers Topper, digging up ancient posts.
It would seem so judging by the number of times it seems to be happening!
Old 05-24-2015, 05:34 PM
Spike

I agree with tomsbass...HUNTERS CREEK RANCH! You will see tons of hogs...but do not go in there thinking it's a "canned hunt". These hogs are smart and see a lot of pressure. Use the wind in your favor!! Stay past sunset. You'll get your hogs!! Plus the price is right!!!

Love this place!
Old 06-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Spike

Moore's Hilltop Ranch Review:

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE STAY AWAY!!! I called to make a reservation for a youth turkey hunt for my son and Moore's immediately asked for my credit card, I found it odd they needed it right then and not the day I hunted, but they claimed it was to hold my spot; ok I said "But I still need to confirm with my wife to ensure we will be here that day because we have another trip around the same time." After talking with my wife right after I reserved the hunt she informed me we were not going to be back until the day after I made the hunt reservation. I called Moore's, less than an HOUR after I had reserved, and he said he had already charged my card which I NEVER AUTHORIZED and the hunt was still weeks away! He was incredibly rude at this point and annoyed and said he would have to credit back my card but it would take 60 days! On top of that I would be charged a $7.00 fee to get my money back and then he just hung up! I emailed him explaining I should not be responsible to pay anything, especially because I TOLD HIM I WOULD CHECK WITH MY WIFE AND CALL BACK, because I knew we had plans around the same time. Moore's email was so incredibly rude, he kept saying it cost a fee to credit the card back and that's my responsibility not theirs (I never authorized them to run my card!). I called my bank after 4 weeks of waiting for my refund of the $200+ dollars he charged me on top of the fee. After all said and done, my bank never saw his refund and I ended up having to file an claim and my bank had to refund my payment. I repeat STAY AWAY THEY ARE CRIMINALS!!!
Old 06-12-2015, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by TDSBowHunter
Moore's Hilltop Ranch Review:

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE STAY AWAY!!! I called to make a reservation for a youth turkey hunt for my son and Moore's immediately asked for my credit card, I found it odd they needed it right then and not the day I hunted, but they claimed it was to hold my spot; ok I said "But I still need to confirm with my wife to ensure we will be here that day because we have another trip around the same time." After talking with my wife right after I reserved the hunt she informed me we were not going to be back until the day after I made the hunt reservation. I called Moore's, less than an HOUR after I had reserved, and he said he had already charged my card which I NEVER AUTHORIZED and the hunt was still weeks away! He was incredibly rude at this point and annoyed and said he would have to credit back my card but it would take 60 days! On top of that I would be charged a $7.00 fee to get my money back and then he just hung up! I emailed him explaining I should not be responsible to pay anything, especially because I TOLD HIM I WOULD CHECK WITH MY WIFE AND CALL BACK, because I knew we had plans around the same time. Moore's email was so incredibly rude, he kept saying it cost a fee to credit the card back and that's my responsibility not theirs (I never authorized them to run my card!). I called my bank after 4 weeks of waiting for my refund of the $200+ dollars he charged me on top of the fee. After all said and done, my bank never saw his refund and I ended up having to file an claim and my bank had to refund my payment. I repeat STAY AWAY THEY ARE CRIMINALS!!!
Welcome to the site! It sounds like you may have never booked a hunt before from what you're telling us. First off, whenever you call and ask to book a hunt it is normal that they ask for at least a percentage of the cost up front in case you back out or don't show up and they lose that booking. Therefore, if you gave the guy a date to hold and then gave him your credit card number it was authorizing him to take that deposit fee from your card and that's standard procedure for him to do what he did. If you didn't want to actually book that day, you shouldn't have given him your card number to book it until AFTER you talked to your wife and knew you could make that date for your hunt! When you called back and told him you couldn't make that day and wanted to cancel it is also normal and within the rights of any company to charge for that service just like he informed you. He told you that procedure would take up to 60 days, but after just 4 weeks you say you called your bank asking for your refund and they ended up crediting your card if I'm understanding you correctly. That means your credit card company took the hit because of you being impatient and not waiting the 60 days the guy told you it would take. I have no idea how long it takes, but it sounds like the guy was trying to be upfront with you. After reading your post IMHO most, if not all of your problem, was caused by yourself and not the guy you dealt with. What did you think they were going to do when you gave them your credit card number/information? Giving them those numbers without them using the information to get their money and hold your date is meaningless! The card is for the money they will get from it to insure that they don't lose all they would get when they book a date if someone backs out. If you have never done a booking for a hunt before, and it certainly sounds like you haven't, what the guy did is standard procedure. I have no idea if they would have credited your account or for how much, but you said he told you it would take 60 days and you then took action after half that time. Good luck in the future, but to call the guy a criminal in caps IMHO is not correct when most, if not the entire problem, appears to have been your fault.

EDIT: I did a google and their website actually says you lose that deposit under certain conditions, but it sounds like the guy was trying to be considerate seeing as how you called back within a hour or two. Here is their policy right off their website and it was highlighted so as to be very visible: Deposits are non-refundable, unless hunter can be replaced at full price with MHR's consent. It is not MHR’s obligation to replace hunter if cancellation takes place. Cancellation can result in credit towards rebooking within one year of the date of cancellation if approved by MHR.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-12-2015 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Spelling & Add More information
Old 06-20-2015, 03:26 AM
Spike

Default outfitter

I don't know if you ever make it to Alabama, but we did a hunt with an outfitter that was awesome. I'd recommend them to anybody:

http://www.myoutdoorsonline.com/hunt...ided-hog-hunt/
Old 01-24-2017, 11:48 AM
Spike

Default Moores Hunting Ranch is a Scam

Paul Moore a so called outfitter HA! More like a scam artist.
Here is why
I am the Pro Staff Director for a TV Hunting show called the The American Outdoorsman and I have been all over the Southern states and Texas hog hunting. Seen many ranches and outfitters. This guide Paul is here and runs a substandard operation and way over charges for what it is.
Moores Ranch is a very nice ranch but is set up for deer. There is a hog fence around the whole property to keep hogs out. Spent 3 days and nights here. And not a single animal. No hogs, no sign of hogs, Paul the guide filled the feeders the day we got here for hunt. Paul needs to be let's go from his services because he is making Moores Ranch look bad. I will make sure that all forms of social media are aware of this scam.
There is a barn to sleep in and it's full of trash and human poop, totally a health hazard. Feeders here some work some don't. Some have motion lights that work and some that don't. I can go on it I will mention it on the show and our YouTube channel.
YELP and the Texas Hog Hunting Association have been notified already. BBB forms are being filled out and we have gotten a Lawyer to sue to get a full refund.
The worst part of the whole thing is there were 4 veterans, two are disabled. And we hunted hard, day and night for 3 days and nights. We saw nothing but poachers
Old 01-24-2017, 11:52 AM
Spike

Default Worst Ranch

From the owner is the TV Show Jim Mueller

The American Outdoorsman TV Show sent its senior pro staff member and 4 other hunters to this ranch to hunt hogs. It was one of the worst, if not the worst, experience our of 28 year history on air. They went there to hunt hogs. Not only did they not see any hogs (that is hunting) but no sign of hogs around the feeders and the perimeter of the ranch was fenced to keep hogs out. BUYER BEWARE! Watch The American Outdoorsman Show for more details on this ranch and this story