Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Virginia Hogs??

Old 10-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Spike

Default Virginia Hogs??

New to the Virginia area and hog hunting in general. Are they around the Southeastern part of Va and what are some tips yall have for someone looking to go out and give it a shot for the first time?
Old 10-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Spike

Place near Culpepper called Rose Hill does feral hog hunting at night.

They are free range, not behind a fence.

They will loan you a nigh vision rifle to use if you need it.

Never been myself.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

They do an annual hunt on Dismal Swamp for hogs. It is a quota hunt. Never hunted there but have been told it is a difficult hunt. There are also a few hogs on Cavalier WMA. It butts right up against the NC line and the hogs come in from there. VA doesn't want the hogs on Cavalier and asks you to shoot every one you see. I used to hunt deer and bear on Cavalier and saw a fair amount of hog sign. I wasn't interested enough in them to go after them so I never saw the hogs but did see tracks, rooting and scat. If you wanted to put the work into it you could probably get into them.