Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Looking for a Hog Hunting Outfitter >

Looking for a Hog Hunting Outfitter

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Looking for a Hog Hunting Outfitter

Old 05-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Look at Shiloh Ranch in OK. Nothing fancy in lodging, but it's a heated building to sleep in. Ground blinds will cut the wind. Feeders go off, and you pick the hog you want to shoot. PM me with any questions.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Spike

Hey there Alltlk4. I've been hunting hogs in Oklahoma and Texas for over 14yrs now..and me and my group drive down North east Texas from Omaha every year to hunt at HUNTERS CREEK RANCH in Mt Vernon, Tx. We found this ranch about 4 yrs ago and have not gone anywhere else!!

I am always on the look out for new ranches..that is the reason I registered on here even. I have look at ranches such as Shiloh but keep telling myself that they want too much money for a single hog so I keep going back to HUNTERS CREEK RANCH!!

At HUNTERS CREEK RANCH, for only $250/day...you get 2 pigs (1 over 100lbs and one under) plus you get 3 meals a day included with your lodging!! Hard to beat these prices!

This year we went down for 2 days and I brought back 4 hogs. Some guys didn't get their limit but they all had shots opportunities!! Nice healthy looking hogs!!! They have feeders set up with either tree stands or box blinds out. Some Tree stands are with BOWHUNTERS in minds (about 20yd shots!) and the box blinds are more for rife
Hunters..I think the furthest shot would be right at 100yds.
If hunting behind a fence (I think the fenced area is around 200 acres of prime, thick, property). They also have access to THOUSANDS OF ACRES of free range land that also has feeders set out!

If you want more info...let me know! And check out their website

www.hunterscreekranchtx.com

Shoot Str8 and Stay Safe!

Jeff
Old 05-28-2015, 08:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Dr. Gas
Prone is one such nightmare. Don't waste your time and money.
Patrick, While you and your group did not kill any pigs, please remember everyone in your group saw pigs throughout your stay. I also recall your partner shooting and missing a hog on the second night hunt. A hunt which you and your other hunting partner decided to skip and head back to the hotel, after showing great impatience because we did not allow you to poach from the neighboring property earlier that day. I do understand that weekend was slow, as we had abundant snow and rain two days prior, which is highly uncommon here in Texas. However, as stated in my emails to you, if two of the three hunters in your group had not skipped the second night of a two night hog hunt, you and your group would have been offered a free hunt with us. Especially considering the hunt you skipped proved to be successful for the person in your group that hunted that night. I cannot force you to hunt, and I can guarantee a 0% success rate while you're sitting in your hotel room. Best Regards, Clay Herzog President (682) 300 - 4008
Old 05-28-2015, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Prone Outfitters
Patrick, While you and your group did not kill any pigs, please remember everyone in your group saw pigs throughout your stay. I also recall your partner shooting and missing a hog on the second night hunt. A hunt which you and your other hunting partner decided to skip and head back to the hotel, after showing great impatience because we did not allow you to poach from the neighboring property earlier that day. I do understand that weekend was slow, as we had abundant snow and rain two days prior, which is highly uncommon here in Texas. However, as stated in my emails to you, if two of the three hunters in your group had not skipped the second night of a two night hog hunt, you and your group would have been offered a free hunt with us. Especially considering the hunt you skipped proved to be successful for the person in your group that hunted that night. I cannot force you to hunt, and I can guarantee a 0% success rate while you're sitting in your hotel room. Best Regards, Clay Herzog President (682) 300 - 4008

Sounds like you and Dr Gas have some history if you know his actual name just based on his username here! A disgruntled post or two like he made as a first timer is not that unusual and with no history about him since he's a newbie, I just forget those type of posts since nothing is verifiable. Most of the time they are just trolling the net trying to get back at someone that they think screwed them and many times when the truth comes out they are the ones that screwed themselves! He hasn't been back in 3 weeks and probably won't be unless he looks for this thread again and sees someone may be calling him out, but it could be that the username he picked fits him perfectly, LOL! However, then there is the outfitter that comes on and also has no history on the site and gives a version of why the person isn't happy and it's all his fault that he's ticked off. Who knows what happened and with no positive or negative history about what happened, who really cares but the two of you!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 05-28-2015 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Spike

This thread has been educational. I have started a guide service for hunting (hogs, deer and turkey) here in Georgia and have had some really good feed back from hunters. If that were to happen at Southern Grunter Hunter I would hope that things could be worked out.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where abouts in Ga are you hoggin at Southern? My hunts for this year have been cancelled due to a fight with gravity ending in a mangled up knee and various other injuries but I and several friends hunt all over the South hoggin for Hunters Feeding The Hungry program. May set something up with you guys next spring or summer if you have good areas. Them Ga hogs are starting to get pretty big for their ages. We like taking nice 100-150 pound year old pigs. Makes great eating! Nice and young but still good weight!