Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Public Land Hog Hunting

Old 05-31-2011, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, we treaded lightly after that.

Thanks HogHunter. We will be back there in March, i'll hit you up then, thanks.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Spike

Default Good hog gun

I have a .416 Rigby I inherited and I've only shot at target with it. I know it's overkill, but is it rediculous?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Spike

found a place to purchase hog decoy silhouettes for hunting. Seem to work good. I put 2 out and used an electronis caller from gander Mountain. They only cost $89.00 + shipping. Any interest?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
cotton mouth aint no joke, just as bad as a ground rattler.
Roger that!!!!!!!!!! A cotton mouth will come at/after you where a copper head or rattler will head the other way if allowed. I grew up in So. Texas and know all bout the bad snakes.
My wifes aunt was just bitten by a copperhead picking 'maters in So. KY/TN border area end of last week. Thay are lousy round their place. This is the 4th time she has been bit in 45yrs. She didn't even go to the Dr.'s. She tends it herself with home remedies and go on bout her way. Tough ole gal!!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
I've heard Love County has quite a few. Anywhere along the Red River would be loaded as well. I have seen them hit on the side of the road coming into Hinton which is pretty close to Fort Cobb. They are even at Black Kettle WMA along the river.

I've never hunted public for them but I am told that all these have good populations. I am thinking about heading to All About You ranch in June. Hopefully they will be around the water holes.
Had a friend who went to All About You Ranch. It is a huge canned hunt!!!!!!!! They hunt in a fenced in area bout 400yds long and same wide. They have multiple stand/bait stations set up amongst this area. It is hilly with ravines but in a rather dangerous setting if everything falls right. They allow the use of anything short of an RPG!!!!!

Last edited by SecondChance; 08-13-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Spike

Trying to find a place near Lawton area has been difficult with the heat and lack of water. I been a few times north of fort Cobb in a public area and walked forever along a stream. Any1 know the area know where these guys are hiding? And if there are any decent areas around Lawton.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Spike

Default I am looking to take my son hog hunting for the 1st time.

Originally Posted by hoghunter59
holler at me next time you're in okla, i'll put you on some hogs
Any assistance you could give in guiding me to an area would be great. My son and I have never had the opportunity to hunt together, and it would be nice if we could be guided in the right direction for our 1st trip.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:53 AM
Spike

if you are not to far from the same location has been mentioned just in the post above, you may hunt there too
Old 10-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Spike

Default I would like to hog hunt soon

Originally Posted by hoghunter59
holler at me next time you're in okla, i'll put you on some hogs
I live in Midwest city Oklahoma and I'm wanting to get onto some hogs within the next couple weeks, could you help out?
Old 10-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Fork Horn

The red river is crawling with them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.