Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Starting off the New Year Right >

Starting off the New Year Right

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Starting off the New Year Right

Old 01-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Starting off the New Year Right

This boy has the luck of the Irish. Took this boar after watching him at the feeder for 15 min. Shot him in the right sholder it took off racked another round in shot him the right sholder again as it spin to run into the swamp he nailed it in the neck on the 3rd shot. When I heard the shots they were so close together I thought he was shooting his AR-15, the shots were right on top of each other, he was shooting a Remington 700 30/06. He took out the heart and lungs and this pig still hauled butt. One thing we have notice after taking 4 hogs with heart shots. When they are hit in the heart they run like they haven't been hit then drop in about 50 yds. My brother took one last week thru the sholder broke the right leg and took out the top of the heart and the pig still ran 50 yds.
Attached Thumbnails Starting off the New Year Right-img_1501-1.jpg  
Old 01-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool deal! Yeah, those jokers are like tanks. I've shot some that looked like hamburger meat in the chest cavity when I opened them up and they still ran 50-100 yards before expiration.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by SWThomas
still ran 50-100 yards before expiration.
What was his expiration date?.. I never thought about it, but I guess you could tatoo him the day you tagged it.. Expiration date.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
What was his expiration date?.. I never thought about it, but I guess you could tatoo him the day you tagged it.. Expiration date.

You Hoot!