Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Show me a 400+ pound hog.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's one that weighed on a scale at over 400. I can't verify the acuracy of the scale used but that's what that particular scale weighed it as. That's a biggo boy in the cowboy hat too for scale.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
Rebel, I'm old, not blind!..
Beg to differ there!I personally have had to help him fill out tags cause he's blind.You can be old and blind and still figure out you got a big sow cornered like the picture old guy. It has been awhile since he had to fill out any tags...just keeps buying them!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice hogs...where were they from? so the blond prolly weighed in at at least 350, how did it eat?(taste) i mean did it cook well? all parts?
did ya make mini bacon out of the belly?

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
Heres some we estimated around 300 and 400.
These went to the locker for butchering and weighed with no head , guts ,skin or feet, just a meat carcass, the black one went 186 and the white one went 260.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot One In Fla that weigh 460 LBS , it took 8 guys to put in back of the truck, But he lived of squash fields and watermelon and 2 inches of Fla acorns on the ground and sweet potatoes, he was driving the farmers crazy.
He was photographed eating road kills as well, 12 inch tusks, 5" of which were sticking out.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
nice hogs...where were they from? so the blond prolly weighed in at at least 350, how did it eat?(taste) i mean did it cook well? all parts?
did ya make mini bacon out of the belly?
These were shot a 1/4 mile from my house in southern Bexar county tx. Outskirts of San Antonio
These guys ate darn good as they had been hanging with cattle and eating what the farmer fed the cows.
these were actually killed in my neigbors property, he told me he was having trouble with two pigs rooting up the place and if I cared to take caare of the problem for him. So I did.
The blond one looks a lot domesticated, they might have got out somewhere long time back , they were pretty wild and only came out just before dark.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

all pigs were domestic at 1 time...
Weren't all pigs wild at 1 time, then domesticated by humans?
Old 12-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rev you got to be kidding. WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:00 AM
Spike

Largest I shot was in Texas and weighed 256 lbs and it was a "Russian Boar". Took it with a bow.

chris
Old 12-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

I've killed tons of pigs and packed and skinned for outfitters and the one rule I've found is the only bigger liars than trout fishermen are hog hunters (it's a joke!). Most hunters estimate the pig's weight and because it was hard to load into the truck........ Hogs don't get fat running in the wild and competing for acorns. I've killed several over 300lbs but only one that approached 400lbs and it was in a park on a depredation permit. I'm sure there are pigs over 400lbs but if you find one, start looking for the food source and check him for ear tag holes.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by gregrn43
Rev you got to be kidding. WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, that is Rloving girlfriend, she was showing off the weight she lost.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.