Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Savannah Area Hogs ??

Old 08-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default Savannah Area Hogs ??

I wil lbe going down to Fort Stewart the 29th of Aug to hunt pigs on the base (cheap hunt). Sometimes the hog hunting can be tough there.
Does anyone know of anyone with land around that area that allows hog hunting that has a lot of hogs? I would be willing to pay, not alot of money but willing to pay for me and a couple buddies to hunt on someones farm land or any other land that has a problem with hogs...
Any advice?
Thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 09:42 PM

Default RE: Savannah Area Hogs ??

Hey man,
I am from FT Stewart. There are a ton of Hogs there, and no limit. What you need to do is this. Just a little past the outdoor center there where you have to check in, and get a FT Stewart permit, there is a whit 2 story builidng on the left side, and a couple of armord vehicles out front. (might be 1/4 mile or so past outdoor rec) go there the day before, that is range control. You might be able to talk to the CIVILIANS that work there and find out what areas they are seeing the hogs in. They are a great source of info for hunting there. Otherwise, try checking around the Brunswick area, lots of BIG hogs down there.

Good Luck
Old 08-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Default RE: Savannah Area Hogs ??

Here is one for you to check out.

http://www.backwaterboars.com/