Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

New hog hunter

Old 02-19-2016, 03:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default New hog hunter

My brother came to visit and wanted to hunt a hog while he was here. I picked him up at the airport yesterday. We hit the store for a license then the range to sight his gun in. After that we were off to my favorite spot. After about an hour here they come. We had 2 good sized hogs out front of us and about 10 piglets. He waited for the biggest one to get broadside and he made a great shot. He was shooting a Winchester 70 in 30/06 using Remington's 180 grain hog hammer loads. Sorry for all the blood that load knocked a hole in that hog. He was happy has he could be. We cleaned it up and got it on ice. Tomorrow he will learn to cook and eat wild hog
Attached Thumbnails New hog hunter-image.jpg  
Old 02-19-2016, 03:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to your brother. That hog should be some good eating.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I'd say he definitely did some damage to that hog. Way to go!
Old 02-21-2016, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Brian, that brother of yours bears a striking resemblance to the head honcho Tom on the 1/2 hour TV show "Meet the McMillans" that is filmed in Kansas. You better look him up when you ETS.

http://www.mcmillanoutfitting.com/pages/about/bio/

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 02-21-2016 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added link
Old 02-21-2016, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Mike,
I will check them out. I'll be in Kansas next week.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BRUSE
Mike,
I will check them out. I'll be in Kansas next week.
Just click on the link and his picture is right there for you to look at. Good luck, thanks for your service, and make sure to stay in touch! I'd like to get out there in the next year or two for some pheasant hunting or anything else we might be able to work out.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks a ton Mike! He sure does look like him lol. I'll in Lansing, KS out side Kansas City. I'm sure we can find something to get into. I know most the pheasant hunters hunt the western part of the state but I'll look around.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BRUSE
Thanks a ton Mike! He sure does look like him lol. I'll in Lansing, KS out side Kansas City. I'm sure we can find something to get into. I know most the pheasant hunters hunt the western part of the state but I'll look around.
Yep, I couldn't believe it when I saw that picture of your brother. Take a look see at what you can find pheasant wise up in the north central part of the state around Waconda Lake. That whole area up there is where I hunted on the couple trips out there about 9 or 10 years ago. My problem now is that since Herc died in July of 2014 I don't have a dog and a good dog is the fun of pheasant hunting IMHO. Heck, now that you'll be in Kansas permanently and can have a dog maybe you can get a good one and we can hunt Kansas and I'll take you up to my honey holes in ND!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 02-22-2016 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about Herc. I remember the pictures you sent of the trips out pheasant hunting. Ill be on look out for pheasants and there's even a early prairie chicken season. I've never hunted them but I'm going to.