Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Does a Mouflon taste good? >

Does a Mouflon taste good?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Does a Mouflon taste good?

Old 12-26-2006, 10:27 PM

Default Does a Mouflon taste good?

Am going for a hog and a puremouflon ram in January. Have shot pigs before and they taste fantastic! How about the ram? Anybody have experience with this one?
Old 12-27-2006, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does a Mouflon taste good?

I have shot several of them over the years and they don't taste bad. I did try compressed jerkey one year and wouldn't recommend that. To me they taste about the same as Antelope. But they are bothfrom the goat family.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:28 AM

I've gotthe same opportunity here for a mouflon ram, but I've heard they don't eat well. Someone told me to just get sausage made? What caliber are you using for the Mouflon's??
Old 01-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot most of mine with a 223 or a 270. Both guns have proven to be plenty of gun to get the job done. I have had several made into sausage that wasn't to bad either.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:49 PM

I havent hunted them but I own them and butcher them it comes down to how old the are IF YOU BUTCHER THEM UNDER 2 YEARS OF AGE I THINK THEY ARE THE BEST MEAT OF ALL OTHERS BUT OVER 2 YEARS OLD THEY WILL BE LIKE TRYING TO CHEW LEATHER And most game ranches have rams with big horns which means they are old there for they will be tuff unless you are getting a extemely cheap deal go for a trophy and sausage the meat it will be tuff still but not as tuff...Ivebutcheredf sheep and that is what I lead to believe.Hope this helps and 22cal works nice with lung and heart shots.