Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 eastern NC hog season?- fact or myth? >

eastern NC hog season?- fact or myth?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

eastern NC hog season?- fact or myth?

Old 07-05-2006, 07:24 PM

Default eastern NC hog season?- fact or myth?

I don't know if this is true, but I heard there was an open season on wild hogs in eastern NC because of the problems caused by hogs getting loose from the farms and their descendants? Anyone know if there's any truth to this?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: eastern NC hog season?- fact or myth?

I am sure that's correct.. In Texas there is not season on hogs, another reason, why a grown man should always have meat in the freezer.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: eastern NC hog season?- fact or myth?

According to NCWRC hogs in eastern NC are considerd feral (escapees from the farm) some local herds remained that way for years reverting back to "wild" only to a certain extent (pretty wild in some cases),BUT thanks to some YAHOOS releasing true strain Russian Boars illegaly imported from other areas we are seeing more of a mixed herd and increasing populations. They are causing problems in some areas for the farmers (find one and you probably found a place to hunt) I'm waiting and fearing the day some kid fishing his local creek gets attacked by a territorial boar or protective momma sow(I hope not)not to mention the damage that they are doing to native habitat (deer and turkey food) Hope this helps check the regs at http://www.ncwildlife.org/