Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Hunting in Hawaii?

Old 09-02-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Hog Hunting in Hawaii?

My friend is going to hawaii in the summer(of 2006) and I may tag along ane I was wondering if anyone has ever hunted hog in Hawaii? I would be interested in bow hunting them and can any one direct me to an outfitters web site? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hog Hunting in Hawaii?

[quote]ORIGINAL: moosehunter21
My friend is going to hawaii in the summer(of 2006) and I may tag along ane I was wondering if anyone has ever hunted hog in Hawaii? I would be interested in bow hunting them and can any one direct me to an outfitters web site? Thanks

KEN IGE / [email protected]

KEN IGE / [email protected]
Leslie Tam favors hunting wild pigs with a Robin Hood-type longbow and arrows in Nuuanu forest. He has hit just four pigs in five years. Other Oahu pig hunters use dogs and knives, and use guns for backup.

[hr]

Old 09-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hog Hunting in Hawaii?

Check out www.HawaiiSportsman.com for info. There's several groups of pig huters here, the one I know the best is Pig Hunters Association of Oahu. You can contact them through the website above.

Most of the outfitters are on the Big Island, maybe some on Maui and Kauai. Private land or areas with restricted access is usually the best.