Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
restocked a white g-series >

restocked a white g-series

Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

restocked a white g-series

Old 02-15-2017, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default restocked a white g-series

well i got a bug up my ... yesterday and after 5 hours at the bench i restocked my first g-series to a old knight mk-85 stock i couldn't be happier with the results the only thing left to do is take out some wood for the ram rod channel i'll do that with a router everything else was done by hand with files and a dremel tool. i will probably have it dipped when finished because the wood had a few scratches on the top where the priming tool hit the wood and the ferel for the action screw had to be relocated so i'll fill the old one in with epoxy. i also had to install a white trigger guard as the knight one was too small due to the fact i had to move the action back in the stock to line up the safety on the existing cut out. also i have to glass bed it and do a final finish on the areas where i cut and filed for the cocking lever and the lyman peep sight.I forgot to mention the original stock was cracked but I repaired it. the old knight stocks were really nice and I like the extra styling touches on them.

Last edited by muzzlestuffer; 05-05-2017 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

made good progress on my restock job gun is all fitted and glass bedded was a lot of work but came out nice gun in primer for now may have dipped or just paint haven't decided yet.

Last edited by muzzlestuffer; 05-05-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Looks great! Was the old White stock a laminate or myrtle wood?
Old 02-24-2017, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by toytruck
Looks great! Was the old White stock a laminate or myrtle wood?
Myrtle wood and it did come out real nice ! Can't wait I'm sending out for custom paint and black webbing ! I also ordered a Knight lk-93 thumb hole last knight I'm going to fit my .540 Bison into it and will do my tominator in one if it works well.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok update my g-series stock is out getting painted it's going to be a grey with black webbing it's overdue!! i also got the boyd's thumbhole today and started fitting my last .540 g-series into stock it's going to be a great fit when finished. i had to clearance out for the cocking lever,clearance out for peep sight,locate drill out and install new action ferrel,clearance out for recoil lug area so far it's coming out very well. i have to fit trigger guard glass bed the lug area and install ramrod retention clip then it's going out for paint and the metal parts are getting cerakote finish. some of the pic's too big to upload i'll try to resize.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I just finished fitting my .540 bison in the Knight lk93 thumbhole it came out fantastic when I get time tomorrow I'll put up some more pics. I'm calling it the tank cause that's what it feels like in your hands. Will send out for professional paint thinking odle green with black webbing ?
Old 03-31-2017, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok I had time before I left to go out.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok finally got my stock back from paint it's a little heavy on the webbing but I'll live with it. The knight mk-85 stock has a much better shape than the original white stock imo. That was imo one of the worst part of the white rifles the stocks were suspectable to cracks and quality control was not the greatest imho.anyway I just wanted to see if it would work and it did.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully you can see ok the pics not the greatest !

Old 04-05-2017, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Looks great to me!! I only have one myrtle stock an that's on the Thunder shotgun, so far no problems. I do have a laminate shotgun stock in case it cracks. I haven't heard of any laminate stock problems yet...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.