Community
Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

rem.7600

Old 08-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Spike

Default rem.7600

I was shooting my rem.7600 .270 and a fired once and now the pump wont release and i have it taken apart but cant get the action assembly out its jammed in chamber . Can anyone help?
Old 08-13-2015, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

fold up a heavy towel, put it on something solid, take your rifle by the forearm, make sure the locking lever is down, if your not sure, push out the 2 pins and remove the trigger group, firmly bump the butt on the towel, don't get wild, just firmly. quit shooting max loads, if it was factory, switch brands.
RR

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 08-13-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another way that wont risk busting off your extractor is take a cleaning rod, make sure locking lever is down, and drop the rod down the barrel a couple of times. If that doesn't work, drop the rod down and LIGHTLY tap the end with a hammer. Put gentle force downward on the forearm while doing both of these. It does sound like you had a VERY high pressure load. NEVER use a max load in a pump action.