Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 wal-mart guns >

wal-mart guns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

wal-mart guns

Old 03-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Spike

Default wal-mart guns

i've heard that guns manufacturer's send to wal-marth are lower quality than their normal guns, just wondering if anyone else has heard anything else like this?
Old 03-08-2005, 02:47 PM

Default RE: wal-mart guns

I've heard it - don't believe it. Manufacturers do make special runs of some models that seem to be sold only at Wal-Mart or other discounters, but that usually just involves different stocks, etc. I've seen this done with the Ruger 10/22 a couple times.
Given todays legal climate, ain't no maker with half a brain is gonna' make something
of lesser quality when it comes to the barreled action - the parts that count.
Heck, the most accurate Marlin 30/30 that I ever owned was purchased at a discount store when I lived in Missouri. Had a pretty good looking walnut stock too. I still kick
myself for ever selling that one.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

MYTH
Old 03-08-2005, 02:54 PM

Why would they do something like that, so the people buy their product hate it and never buy another one again while telling their friends not to buy it. I dont believe it.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doubt it very highly.

- A manufacturer isn't going to do a special just for Walmart of "lesser quality" guns.

- Also not going to want to jeopordize future sales and reputation making "lesser quality" models.

Dealers will pronounce up and down evil doing of walmart and the substandard quality of the guns sold there as the reason for thier low prices. Walmart can just buy in such huge quantities, they're pretty much thier own private distributor so they pay much less. That's how they can sell some models at lower than what the normal FFL dealer can buy them at wholesale.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Don't believe it!
Old 03-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Host of Hosts

I don't buy it either.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard this same Bull many times before.I don't believe it for a second.Gun mfgs aren't going to ruin their reputation selling inferior products through W*M's or anybody else for that matter.Different companies might make special runs for them ,with the same standard of quality.Ruger makes a special 10/22 exclusively for W*M. It's a S/S W/22"bbl and Walnut colored hardwood stock.I saw at one W*M a Remington 1100 I believe it was a 1100 Sam Walton Limited edition.It had a gold(?) inlay of Sam Walton on the receiver.No Wal*Mart does not sell seconds or lower grade guns.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Spike

thanks for the replies
Old 03-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Not sure about the guns but many of the 'X-Mart only' fishing reels do scrimp on parts here and there. Maybe plastic bushings where the standard models have brass. Stamped steel parts vs. cast, etc.. They know that the average user will never notice any decrease in quality or performance and they can shave a couple of bucks off the mfg.costs. They also do it on other things like cameras, printers, and other electronics.

I would bet that they (X-Mart only products) are not identical but a standard Remington 1100 or Weatherby Vanguard is identical to the ones sold in the smaller shops.

Quick Reply: wal-mart guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.