Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rifle Sling

Old 02-08-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Rifle Sling

Hello All. I just recieved my new Browning A-Bolt II 30-06 Medallion today. I am now curious if you guys have any input as to where and what kind of sling to purchase? I have to say I like the look of a nice leather sling, however, I want it to be practical. Any suggestions as to what kind and where to purchase would be very appreciated. Thank you.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:38 PM

Default RE: Rifle Sling

I have discovered the Browning Latigo Leather Sling. I think it would go nicely with my rifle: http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/sto...t=Yahoo_488631

Does anyone have any experience with this sling? Pro/Cons? Thanks.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:41 PM

I kinda like this one, as fast as a hasty sling and as tight as a target sling.

Ching sling

[8D]
Old 02-08-2005, 08:45 PM

for carrying i like "the claw" sling, it stays put and is wide to spread out the load. not real good if you want to wrap it for shooting though.

brian
Old 02-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like a classic leather padded sling with a wood stocked rifle like yours.

sling1

sling2

sling3

Walmart also has a nice leather padded sling that I like a lot. It is a plane reddish brown with a suade lining and generous padding sewn in between.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

aaronkash- If you want that style sling which is known as a 1907 style sling, son't spend the money on a Browning. These slings are meant to be used as shooting slings versus a carrying strap that most slings are. I've looked at Browning slings and wasn't impressed. They have nice leather, but the keepers are too loose to use it as a shooting sling. An even worse sling is the one made by Uncle Mike's - not only does it not look good, but its completely useless and too short. For about the same price you can get a far better sling from Turner Saddlery check out http://turnersling.com/miva/merchant...gory_Code=NSRS I have one of these on my match rifle and am very happy with it.

Another good one, and a bit prettier to look at too is a 1907 sling from Les Tam. I don't have one of these, but a guy who I shoot highpower with does, they are nice looking, though probably look better on a service rifle than a hunting rifle http://www.sharkysdive.net/lestamslings.htm
Old 02-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like my www.brownells.com Quick-Set Latigo Sling. Good luck.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Perhaps you should tell us what you want out of it.

Do you want it just for carrying the rifle? Is comfort a priority? Do you want to use it to wrap around your arm for support when shooting?

So far we have all given links to just about every type made.[8D]
Old 02-09-2005, 07:42 AM

Well, I suppose I want one that will nicely compliment my rifle as far as finish, etc. I would also like one that will be more of a shooting aide, but can still be used for carrying the rifle. I guess if If could use some sort of percentage, I would say 75 percent shooting, 25 percent carrying.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

I'm REAL fond of the 1907-type slings - and the suggestions for either the Turner or Les Tam versions are spot on. Both are EXCELLENT choices - no better quality out there.

BUT for shooting, you need to understand how the 1907 sling works. It is basically desgined for prone, kneeling, & sitting shooting positions and has to be partially disconnected to rig for shooting. It's typically NOT the best sling to hunt with - especially if you end up shooting off-hand. But when you have time to rig up with it.............there is no more stable platform out there.

Here's a pic of my M1A with the Turner Biothane sling:
Military toys

Quick Reply: Rifle Sling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.