Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Weatherby Vanguard series? >

Weatherby Vanguard series?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Weatherby Vanguard series?

Old 12-30-2004, 06:34 PM

Default Weatherby Vanguard series?

Hi I am about to purchase my first rifle ever. I went to the local deal and they are selling the Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic stock 7mm rifle for $400. This seems to be the best deal I have seen so far. Does anyone have any real bad knocks on this gun or even Weatherby's? I don't have that much money to spend considering I am only 19 so keep that in mind. Another thing is would it be worth it to spend the extra bucks to buy the stainless steel one? Or should I save the money and spend it on the scope? Thank you in advance.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Weatherby Vanguard series?

I have heard nothing but good things about the Vangaurd. I got one for Christmas ,but haven't fired it yet. The 3 shot group from the target they send out with the rifle has 2 holes so it looks to shoot good.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

The vanguard is made by Howa in Japan and is the same rifle as the howa 1500 which usually sells for a little lower price.Either rifle is a great value for the price.On the other hand the weatherby mark V's are overpriced.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

You can get them for less than $400 if you look around a little bit. Not too terribly much but about $20 or so. Outside of that they are excelent guns for the price they get for them.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Weatherby Vanguard is a solid rifle. Good luck.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Fork Horn

Good rifle. You won't be sorry. Larry
Old 12-31-2004, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like them and think you will be pleased. Now to the question of stainless or not. I think its more of a personal preference as either will perform well. If money is tight I would definately save the extra money and put it towrds a quality scope.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:32 AM

My experience with the Vanguard has been positive. My son will be getting one in 308 as his first deer rifle.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

I have a weatherby vanguard in 308 it shot 5 shot groups under 1" right out of the box.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I really like the Vanguard. I hate the Mark five. I had a couple and they were awful. Really bad triggers only so so accuracy. I would not trade anything I own straight across for the big money model. I would rather have a Savage or even a 710 Remington. I am sour on them Big Time. When you lay out the kind of money that they get for the Mark five, I expect a lot more gun than I got.

Quick Reply: Weatherby Vanguard series?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.