Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ran out of Scope Elevation >

Ran out of Scope Elevation

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ran out of Scope Elevation

Old 11-29-2004, 11:47 AM

Default Ran out of Scope Elevation

I was at the range Saturday sighting-in for this weekend's trip to the big woods of Upstate NY. My setup is a Mossberg 500 with the 24 inch fully rifled barrel, Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40, Weaver top base and detachable rings. I was shooting Lightfield 2 3/4 Commanders because in my experience, they are remarkably accurate. The target frame was set at 50 yards and I quickly got the point where I was consistently hitting the 10 ring of an 8 inch Shoot-n-See target.

Problem is that I wanted to sight 1.5 - 2 inches high at 50, but I completely ran out of elevation on the scope, she's maxed, turned-up as far as she'll go!!

Of course, I'm not touching this before the weekend, because she is dead-on at 50 yards so I can conifidently hold on anything I see this weekend.

Anyone else ever run into this? How do I fix this?

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ran out of Scope Elevation

might sound dumb but I had a similar problem same gun even but at 20 yards i was a foot low then I noticed that my scope was resting on the rear sight check the stupid simple things first and if worst comes to worst you may have to use some shims a maxed out adjustment on a scope isn't a good thing
Old 11-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ran out of Scope Elevation

you may have to use some shims a maxed out adjustment on a scope isn't a good thing
I agree, by the way, where were you sighting in at?