Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 100 rd mag for AR-15 >

100 rd mag for AR-15

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

100 rd mag for AR-15

Old 09-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 100 rd mag for AR-15

Last time I checked on these they were $400. Has the price on these puppies come down yet or do I still have to wait a bit.

Thanks
Tom
Old 09-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 100 rd mag for AR-15

I've got a feeling something like that isn't going to go down in price for some time...the reason being is Supply and Demand. Suddenly a LOT of guys with post ban AR's can now legally buy 100rnd drums for them, there never were many of them out there, so now there's going to be a rush of sorts.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd much rather have three 30rnd mags than one 100rnd drum...The 100rnd drums I've used in the past have been pretty sad as far as performance went, they're un-Godly expensive, and they're not really practical. If you're headed to the range to only shoot 100rnds, then it's handy to only have to load one mag, only take one mag, and never have to reload, but if you're going to be dumping lead, several 30rnd mags are much more practical.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:58 AM

Statjunk,
By 100 round drum, I'm assuming you're refering to the Beta C-Mag 100 rd dual drum. And yes, the price has significantly dropped on these, though you're waiting time will be a while (a month or two easily). To get the full package, (drum, speed loader, dust cover, graphite tube, manuel, and nylon case) you're talking $240 + shipping. To get the standard drum, graphite tube, and manuel, you're talking $200. As far as what nomercy, I don't know what he's talking about. Because every person I've talked to has had nothing but wonderful things to say about the Beta Mag's performance. They function flawlessly. In fact, they meet all military specifactions, and are used my many special forces in the US ARMY. I'm currently on the waiting list, and I suggest you get on it too. Because if John Kerry has his say, these things will never be available again. The cheapest sites I've found are as follows...

http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/

www.cmmginc.com
Old 09-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

boy howdy look at that brass fly
Old 09-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info. I am going to get on the list.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:37 AM

We sell them and stock them. They are availible now from your local dealer, no waiting lists no muss no fuss.

They are good for pliniking and when you life is not on the line.
The US military seems to agree with me.

http://www.defendamerica.mil/article.../a072803b.html

"Soldiers experienced problems from the time they were handed the empty C-MAG and ammo can full of 5.56 rounds and told to load the magazine. While loading the magazine there were numerous jams, speed loaders broke, magazines would not accept the full capacity of ammunition. "

In perfect conditions with proper lubing they work fine. drop it in the sand and pick it up or drop it from more than 3 feet and things start to go awry. Normal civilian will probably never have that much of a problem...the Military...I'll bet then never see full procurement.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I checked into the legality of one in OHIO because I was going to buy 1 .
In Ohio any rifle (except 22 lr) that can fire more than 32 rnds without reloading is considered a machine gun . This was 2 year ago . I stoped looking at the Beta mags after I found this out . Just another way to hang you if they want to
Old 10-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Each to his own but what would be the purpose of a hundred round magazine? What would it weigh loaded. You better be ready to do some major cleaning if you empty it fast. I have buddies that have leaded the barrel beyond belief from fast firing 20 round magazines. Those babies get hot.