HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Tikka T3 Stainless Laminate (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/73563-tikka-t3-stainless-laminate.html)

bb122 09-22-2004 08:33 PM

Tikka T3 Stainless Laminate

I just saw pictures of this rifle and I really like how it looks. Has any of you guys been able to get your hands on one yet.

Sixgun_Redneck 09-23-2004 03:15 PM

RE: Tikka T3 Stainless Laminate

I saw one and that store and asked if i could hold it. The moment i laid my hands on that silky smooth action i knew that it was the rifle for me. I'm gonna get it in the .22-250. I'm waiting for a bit though to see if the supposed rumor that i heard for the gun dealers about Tikka coming out with left-handed actions next year is true.

Great gun thought, silky smooth action, beautiful cheackering, ligth yet crisp single set trigger.

HighDesertWolf 09-23-2004 08:02 PM

silky smooth action
HA!!!! silky smooth my butt if you actually looked at one you would know differently. It has the roughest bolt ever alot of slop in it, My russian M44 has a smoother operating bolt. but besides that its a perfect rifle. hopefully tikka does something to fix that bolt. and it wasnt just that one rifle I shot I shot a few of them one in 270 wssm another in 30-06. something else i didnt like is in the 270 wssm which is supposed to be a short action caliber, but the rifle had a long action what is that all about. But they do shoot as good as they look.

WA7MM 09-24-2004 11:02 AM

I like Tikka's stainless laminate, I had one in my hand a few weeks ago and now I decided to buy one in 25-06.

I liked the action, its not the smoothest I ever tried but is not enough reason to change my mind about buying it.

I have to say that in that price range is hard to find a better rifle, I know Remington's are a favorite in this forums and I personally have two of them, but in this case Tikka caught my eye and my dollars.....:D

3DNWV 09-28-2004 03:23 PM

My T3 light is defently one of the smoothest actions and best factory triggers I have ever had! As for long action in a short action caliber I think its great I can seat bullets way out when and if I like. The last remington I bought is a 700LSS and it has a slopy bolt and a trigger that pulls like a mule........ The Tikka is a great rifle

Todd1700 09-29-2004 06:04 AM

HA!!!! silky smooth my butt if you actually looked at one you would know differently. It has the roughest bolt ever
I've handled a lot of rifles in my 38 years and if the action on a Tikka feels rough to you then you must live in a custom rifle shop. It is one of the smoothest bolt actions that I have every encountered and it also has one of the best factory triggers (if not the best) of any firearm that can be had for less than a 1000 dollars. Compared to a Tikka working the bolt on a Rem Model 700, or Win model 70 feels like cranking a boat winch handle.

sothrdnk 09-29-2004 12:59 PM

The T3 has the smoothest action of any of the production rifles. I have a couple of safes full of rifles, not just a few are custom and I can tell you that is almost disgraceful that the T3 will shoot with any of them. This is the ONLY gun I own that I haven't had a trigger job on cause it don't need one. In my humble opinion, this gun is one of the best values going.

dgordon 08-19-2013 03:40 AM

I have a Tikka T3 in a 308 and I can tell you it is the most accurite gun I have ever shot. I have a Remington 700 in 257 weatherby with a 26" fluted bbl. and many other guns and my Tikka will easily outshot them all-Next is my Thompson Icon Delux in 30 TC-Both are great shooters.
PS where can I find the Tikka in laminate??

bugsNbows 08-19-2013 08:08 AM

I had one years ago in 270WSM (I believe). It was ok but I upgraded to a real Sako.

Sheridan 08-19-2013 09:06 AM

Don't own a Tikka, but my Sako A7 in 7MM RM has smoothest action of any rifle I own right ......right out of the box !