Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Glock 3.5lb connector, trigger pull weight >

Glock 3.5lb connector, trigger pull weight

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Glock 3.5lb connector, trigger pull weight

Old 07-11-2004, 04:51 AM

Default Glock 3.5lb connector, trigger pull weight

I have a Glock 35 that has a factory trigger pull weight average of 6lb to 6 3/4lb. I replaced the factory connector with a drop-in 3.5lb connector from Brownells. It is supposed to lower the trigger pull weight to 3.5lb's. This pistol has not had but about 30-40 rounds of 40 S&W ammo thru it. After changing the connector the pull weight is still around 6lbs plus. I have no idea why the trigger is still so heavy. Could it be because the pistol is not really broke in yet having shot only about 35 rounds? Does it need to be shot more to wear in? Also, I am wanting a good leather holster to wear on the belt canted forward strong side, crossdraw style, or a shoulder system, all righthanded, with the M-3 light still attached to the rail. Any help will be appreciated as always.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Glock 3.5lb connector, trigger pull weight

Give Brownells a call. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:28 AM

If your trigger is still heavy, it could still need some break in. It could also be that your trigger spring is one of the heavier, i.e., NY springs. You can go to... http://www.topglock.com or http://www.glockmeister.com and get a lighter trigger spring.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:50 AM

For a holster, check www.donhume.com. I have been using a IWB for a Glock 27 from them that is of excellent quality and comfort. They seem to be much more reasonably priced than some of the other leather makers.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:00 AM

If you want a Don Hume, check out, http://www.gunnersalley.com They sale the Don Hume's much cheaper the Hume himself. They also have some other really good holsters and are great to deal with.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just because it says 3.5lbs doesn't mean its automatically going to be 3.5lbs, it just means 3.5lbs is POSSIBLE with that connector. To get the trigger weight down to around 3.5lbs you'll need to also change the trigger spring as well. My Glock 21 has the 3.5lb connector with the stock spring and it runs at about 4.5-5lbs, and it is well broke in. The first thing to do is look at the part and make sure it had a small minus "-" sign on the connector. Then look into changing the spring. Shooting a few hundred rounds through it, and making sure the contact area of the trigger parts and sear are adequately but not excessively lubricated, should also lighten things up a bit. I've noticed that Glocks tend to be a bit stiff from the factory but break in after a few hundred rounds.

Mike
Old 07-13-2004, 06:46 AM

Thanks everyone. I have it under control now. Down to around 4.25-4.5lb pull weight. I appreciate everyone's reply and look forward to more contact in the future. Thank you all for the help. Couldn't have done it without you're help.
Don-Larenegade