Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Raptor Arms? >

Raptor Arms?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Raptor Arms?

Old 02-21-2002, 08:42 PM
Spike

Default Raptor Arms?

Hey Guys,
It's me again. I'm looking at a 30-06 on Gunbroker.com (the hunter's ebay). It is a bolt action made by Raptor Arms. The description says that it is made in the USA. Has anyone ever heard of this company? Are they any good? The rifle looks okay but looks can be deceiving I guess. It has a stainless steel barrel and synthetic stock. What's the deal with the stainless steel anyway? Does it prevent rust? Sorry about all the questions. And Thank you very much for any information at all. Especially about this company.

Deer1
Old 02-22-2002, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Raptor Arms?

I read an article somewhere on Raptor Arms several years ago, but I cannot remember where. American Rifleman perhaps....Anyways, the article said that Raptor Arms made economy rifles with good barrels but that the action was stiff. For a similar price, you may want to look at a savage 06. At least with a savage, you'll know that you are saving a lot of cash but still buying a quality rifle.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not familiar Raptor Arms. You would be better off buying a gun that has been proven, Eg. Remington, Ruger, Savage, Winchester to name a few. Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Raptors are low-priced, but supposedly functionally as good as many more expensive brand guns. It's said the way they keep prices low is by omitting the refinements such as high-lustre blueing, etc. Have never seen one live, though.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:16 PM
Fork Horn

raptor arms is made right down the road from me in a old charter arms factory (they moved a few buildings down) i;ve seen a few of them in the gun stores around here and i aint that impressed with them, if you just want a rifle to do some shootin with here and there i guess it;ll do. but that;s like buyin a moped to goto sturgis once a year to me. the actions are machined a bit rough and the trigger gaurds are plastic. if your really pressed for cash i would skip this rifle and get a nef single shot. or just scrounge some extra cash and get a nice used gun. many deals are to be had in the used gun market (as well as a good burnin or two). but thats my half doillars worth. if your wondering where the factory is it;s in shelton connecticut,

the thrill of the hunt is more important than the kill