Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 remington or weatherby >

remington or weatherby

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

remington or weatherby

Old 02-29-2004, 06:28 PM

Default remington or weatherby

would you get a weatherby vanguard in 270 or a remington adl in 270 ??
Old 02-29-2004, 06:44 PM

Default RE: remington or weatherby

I would go with the ADL over the Vangaurd, just my opinion. I like the way that the ADL feels.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Vanguard and never look back. You get so much more gun for the money.

Go read the "Weatherby vanguard 338win mag" thread.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just from the great expierence I have with Remington, Iwould get it. The Vanguard certianly is a fine rifle. But when something works perfect for me I hate to change.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Remington!
Old 03-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of the two you mentioned. I'd say the Remington 700ADL.Although in the last several years Remington's quality and their customer service has really declined.Before buying a Remington,look at the Ruger M-77's or the Savage line.If you have a few extra bucks to spend look at the Browning "A-Bolt" or Sako. The Tikka's are an excellent rifle at a very reasonable price.Look around,you can do much better then a Remington.I was never impressed with a Weatherby. Never owned one, but shot enough of them to know I didn't care for them.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weatherby Vanguard. Good luck.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

Go with the Vanguard. Remington quality and customer service has declined over the last few years. I own both of these types of rifles. The Vanguard's fit & finish are better. I restocked my last Remington after the wood stock cracked at the recoil lug. When I took it to the gunsmith he had to straighten the recoil lug as it was cocked badly to one side. You could easily see this with the naked eye. I contacted Remington about the recoil lug and they didn't really seem to care. They leave enough slop in the recoil lug recess in the stock to cover a lug off to one side or the other. They don't see why you need to restock. I told them the rifle was 2 years old and their crappy stock cracked. They offered a coupon for $50 of free merchandise and not to replace the stock. I will look to other manufacturers when purchasing new rifles in the future.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:03 AM
DM

I want to comment on the recoil lug on Remingtons.

The reason there's so much room side to side, and in FRONT of the recoil lug in the stock, is because they will not shoot there "best" if the recoil lug touches at any point besides the BACK of the lug, and YES it can even cause the stock to crack if it's not assembled properly!!

The recoil lug on Rem 700's is tightened inbetween the action and a shoulder on the bbl, and YES it needs to be put on straight. BUT, there's nothing wrong with the extra space left in the stock as described above.

I've had so many Remington rifles out of there stocks, i can't even remember how many, and i've NEVER seen one with the recoil lug "cocked" to the side from the factory. I'm not saying it didn't happen, i'm just saying in the hundreds i've had apart, i've never seen it.

Drilling Man
Old 03-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

remington!!!

Quick Reply: remington or weatherby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.