Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Mac-11 vs mac-10? >

Mac-11 vs mac-10?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mac-11 vs mac-10?

Old 07-19-2017, 07:19 AM
Spike

Default Mac-11 vs mac-10?

I was wondering what was a better gun? I've found a mac-10 for 350$ and a mac-11 for 700$. Which one is more reliable and more accurate?

Last edited by Juston; 07-20-2017 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Not a real MAC you didn't. Maybe a semi auto reproduction junker. Not that the real MAC's are anything other than junk themselves. As far as your question, one is a 9mm and the other is a .45. That was the only difference between the 10 and 11. Both are the same stamped sheet metal junk auto pistol made famous in the movies and tv shows.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

that's right, a real one will cost a bunch more, as there class 3 weapons
have shot both and owned a few of each over the yrs
there simple things that work well, with decent mags and ammo!
there much more enjoyable to shoot with a suppressor on them which you can hold onto

in semi form? there nothing special , and doubt either one would be more accurate than the other short barrels here?
as for what one will work better/be more reliable?
again, pick of the liter here, as well as you need good mags and then decent power ammo to cycle well!
never really had any issue's with either one being all too picky, but mags were at times a issue
sold(had gun shop) both semi and full auto's of these!
and to me neither is worth the money to buy!
Old 07-19-2017, 11:32 AM
Spike

I also saw an uzi styled gun for 900$. What do y'all think about that? It's semi auto.

Last edited by Juston; 07-20-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is about $850.00 more than it is worth. Why waste your money on a cheap semi auto reproduction that isn't fit for anything but wasting ammo? Hunters life and mrbb gave you correct information.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 07-19-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

Okay, for one, something styled after an UZI wouldn't be a rifle. They are classed as pistols. The full autos are machine pistols. If you are into collecting as you say, you have a lot to learn. Even an UZI with the collapsible stock is still considered a pistol. These firearms you are looking at have no collectible value whatsoever. They are imitations of something again made famous in Hollywood.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Okay, for one, something styled after an UZI wouldn't be a rifle. They are classed as pistols. The full autos are machine pistols. If you are into collecting as you say, you have a lot to learn. Even an UZI with the collapsible stock is still considered a pistol. These firearms you are looking at have no collectible value whatsoever. They are imitations of something again made famous in Hollywood.
well YES and NO, on the collectable side of these things
UZI's have a A and B model and the price's vary, and they have climbed a bunch since they came out
as for MAC 10's, the real one's have sort of leveled out on BIG jumps in prices(a guy bought a boat load of them before they went class 3 for 7 bucks each way back when LOL)
and seen some go for a few grand to some guys willing to dish it out, so for that first guy, from 7 bucks to a few grand in say 30 yrs or so(and NO he didn;'t still have them all) , they were great investments.
the same can be said on UZI"S many of the originals, in great condition have jumped in prices from when new and out there to now.(all the more so full auto's)
But again, these are the REAL one's NOT copies of them, that tend to have value, and , about ANY class 3 item will ONLY go up in value, they have climbed since the day there were limited to what's out there.

all guns can have Value, just NOT many really climb upwards fast or at all, mostly buying guns is about a hobby! or for hunting/protection
which none of these you listed are very great at, full auto MAc 10's are about 33 rounds a second I think if my memory is correct? so, your going to run out of ammo real fast and your just spraying more or less!

the cheap copies tend to be that cheap, and again NONE were designed to be very accurate!

if you look at the market on AR's as an example
the original, so called PER ban, colts and major makers held more value than lower end copy's of them
but now the market is flooded with these things, and prices on some range from a few grand to the cheaper one's a few hundred
but the right one's again will always hold MORE value.
when ever you get into collecting guns, its about just that collecting and NOT shooting them, to be honest!
you need to learn what makes certain one's more valuable and desirable, to be sure they hold value and HOPE they climb in value's

the condition of guns add up too, a lot of variable's to collecting anything to be in the PLUS side of the game and NOT just having a bunch of things YOU like
Old 07-19-2017, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

I was referring to the semi auto repro's mrbb. Not class 3 firearms. The ones he is looking at are obviously repro semi's and pretty much junk with only value to someone that wants repro semi junk or naive enough to think they have value. Whenever we are tasked with clients that may need a fully armed team, we carry either MP5's or M4's with both on 3 round select. Never been in a position for the need for suppression fire which that is all full auto is really good for anyway.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

hunters_life, I agree, and for sure NOT tryuing to make a debate here, just giving some info here!
the cheap repo's don't have much value to them, so fully agree with you!

but over the yrs many things have gone nuts, look at SP89's, they climbed like mad in value and just the semi version of the MP-5's,or even look at the some what cheaper clones of them like the kel tec (tec 9's)version of it
the media mad them soar in price/value.and they for sure were not anything special!

so, as I sad, some times even the junk can go higher if things get the media going enough to drive prices up, even if there still junk>?
its a crazy world, never know what will jump in prices
all the semi auto stuff sadly has a shot, pending what ends up with them down the road

Take street sweepers, at one time a over the counter shotgun< and again, nothing that great anyone would want to really carry?? But they too went into the class 3 market for reasons< I still don't get to be honest! there only a semi auto gun?
media and what not's cam make things become valuable, even if me and you think there junk HAHA!
I still cannot believe how many people collect old NIKE sneakers and the prices they pay for them, >< its a crazy world we now live in!
Old 07-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Spike

What makes it junk? The fact that it's semi auto? Or that it doesn't cost a lot of money? I'm not buying it because I think it will rise in value, I'm buying it because it seems like they would be fun to shoot and it doesn't cost a whole lot of money compared to the real thing. It seems like It would only be considered junk if it was really inaccurate or it jammed a lot.

Last edited by Juston; 07-19-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.