Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Replace photobucket? >

Replace photobucket?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Replace photobucket?

Old 07-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oldtimr,

Lots of people went over to Imgur after the Photobucket screw-up. Imgur is free and easy to use. I migrated all of my photos over there and even created separate photo albums by category.

www.imgur.com
Old 07-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Butch but I already switched to postinages.org .
Old 07-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

No sweat. I'll look at postimages.org too and see what that's like.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just a heads up if you like to post high rez images. IMGUR will host them at 1600x1200 and maybe even larger. Its largest i tested.

A guy posted a huge one from postimage and it only showed up as 1024x. So if you have a need for REALLY high rez pics it may not meet your needs.

HNI scales them down so its no biggie 1,600px × 1,200px (scaled to 900px × 675px)

Last edited by Gm54-120; 07-09-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a site called hunt101. It does everything I need it to and it is free.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Why do people put their photos on those types of websites when you can store them right on your own computer like I do. Then there are numerous ways to back them up in case your hard drive crashes and none are expensive.
Preservation is why I first used photobucket. If my house burns down my pictures will still be online and I can recover them. Then when I started reading forums I used it for that as well.

My pictures are on my computer, a hard drive in my gunsafe, and now I use amazon to store them online.

As far as replacing photobucket I used Imgur for the first time last night and it seems great so far.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have uploaded tons of pics to Imgur since the PB fiasco. Every single one uploaded without a glitch. I love that i can link a 1600x1200 pic and if the forum supports it, it shows up as a 1600x1200.

I dont need to worry about monthly bandwith limitations either.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I at one time tried to just leave the pictures on my computer, a floppy disk, then CD and now a few flash drives.
Back when and many sites require you to down size all your pictures to post them. Being a new computer user I found it a pain in the rear to try and do it.

Sony's image station was the storage site I found were I uploaded my pictures and they sized them, the stopped the picture storage, had us transfer our pictures to shutter fly. Shutter fly is nice but a lot of sites will not allow posting pictures from there. So I discovered photobucket and now with them wanting to rob us I have switched to postimage and like it just fine but still need to work it more so the picture up loaded goes to the correct album.

postimage, our 1985 Buick LaSaber Limited collectors edition.

Al
Old 07-13-2017, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice wheels.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I MIGHT need to go a different direction from Flickr. I already had yahoo accounts, so it just took a few minutes to upload...

But...

The mobile interfaces don't work for forum linking. The browser based webpage has display issues so I can't even open my photos in the roll or albums to find a link to them, then in the app, I can't copy a link which posts the actual picture... I'll spend a little more time playing with it and reading, but I might have to give imgur a run if I can't get more functionality out of flickr's mobile interfaces. Works fine on PC, just not phone or tablet - which is the majority of my forum browsing use.