Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Which one do you regret selling? >

Which one do you regret selling?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which one do you regret selling?

Old 05-14-2017, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

One Christmas, I got a Weatherby Vanguard Varmint Special in 22-250 topped with a Hawke 6-18x scope. It was the single most accurate rifle I've ever owned, but I sold it after mange wiped out a lot of the coyotes in the area. I can only imagine how good I could shoot it now, now that I could handload for it and adjust the trigger to my preferences.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

My biggest regret is selling a Hi Point Model C in 9mm. Just can't find those gems anymore.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:01 AM
Spike

Default My regrets

I had a Charles Daley 20 ga o/u. And a Colt .243 rifle. There were a couple others, but those I regret letting get away.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

I actually have a few. 1) I think it was the Ithaca Deerslayer with a 20" smooth bore bbl. Man that thing could shoot and being it was a smooth bore, can't tell ya the number of pheasants, grouse and rabbits I also took with it. 2) Marlin 336 in 35Rem 3) Couple of White ML's.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not me, but rather my Dad. He traded a nice Browning lever action .358 with gold trigger and trimmings that I would have liked to have bought or had given to me, but he didn't know I liked it so much and it was gone before I knew what he was doing with it. At least the son of a friend has it up in Idaho for elk and an occasional moose, so it went to a good home.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:09 AM
Fork Horn

I wish I had all of them back, but for some reason I miss my Ruger 2 3/4" stainless security six the most. Great woods gun, handled well, versatile.I am probably going to wish I had back my Ruger Mk 11 target .22. great gun, but just didn't shoot it and needed the cash for a moose hunt....
Old 07-05-2017, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rem600 308 Cooper clone and a NIB Knight MK85 SS 54cal. I highly regret selling both.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

I remembered another one: a Remington 870 20 gauge. I don't regret sending that one away since I've for the most part quit hunting anything that requires a shotgun. Better to let someone else have it who would actually use it.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:11 AM
Spike

I've never sold a gun and I never will. I'm a collecter so I want to buy all the guns while they are relatively cheap.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Juston
I've never sold a gun and I never will. I'm a collecter so I want to buy all the guns while they are relatively cheap.
I felt this way too, when I was younger,
then after buying tons of estates out of 20-50+ guns at a time and having a few hundred guns laying about I have never even thought about shooting, due to no time and well,no desire on so many.
then after some yrs go by , you start to ask yourself what am I doing with all these things??
and you start to get rid of things you don't have any real interest in, or some times due to some have gone up in value and you still have NO interest in LOL
it also, didn't help me any having a gun store, and seeing so many great guns walk in I was able to get at low prices, which ended up at home too!
then even worse, after you close shop, you still get tons of folks contacting you when they have guns to sell, knowing you helped them in the past?
and NOW don't have a shop to filp things as easy??
guns start to turn into work to up keep and store and??
so, YUP< many of us I bet start out saying this, "never going to sell a gun"
but sadly, it happens