Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Illinois Gun Owners sold out by RRA and SA >

Illinois Gun Owners sold out by RRA and SA

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Illinois Gun Owners sold out by RRA and SA

Old 05-04-2017, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois Gun Owners sold out by RRA and SA

I just stumbled across this, but it's making big news here in Illinois. It looks like Rock River Arms and Springfield Armory sold us Illinois residents up the river, in order to protect their own interests.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...for-carve-out/

Mods: I know this probably belongs in the regional section, but I wanted this to be visible. Feel free to move the thread, if you must.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is a catch 22 situation. The thing you would want to do is encourage everyone nation wide not to buy their products and send them out of business. On the other hand if that happens, the country will have one less quality gun maker. If they would have had any sand, they would have left the communist state of Illinois and went to a more firearm friendly state.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

After reading this article and the comments below it got me thinking a little bit. Some of the posters in the comments section seem to think this may be a ploy by SA and RRA to get this bill overturned in the courts. I tend to agree with them. You can't legally carve out the big box stores from this bill and keep the small business owners in it. Not legally anyway. Springfield and Rock River may just have foreseen this and allowed them to try getting it through with their so called blessings because they know it will get overturned in courts. That would ensure they would have to go through the whole process again from the beginning and it wouldn't pass muster with the big box stores being lumped in as it should be. Too many campaign dollars would go away. Once a bill gets passed but then shot down by the courts it makes it very difficult to get anything of it's like through again. Just my thoughts on this. I'm certainly no expert in the political arena. But before folks condem SA and RRA they may want to think ahead a little bit.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

If that is indeed their plan, whoever came up with it and those who approved it should be terminated from their positions. The bad PR that has already started because they at least have the appearance of selling out to the State of Illinois which is an anti gun state. That is not something a gun manufacturer should do if they want to keep their customer base and pick up new customers.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

In the long run, if this is really their thoughts and positions as I laid them out, they will come out as geniuses with many. And believe me, I know this is an anti firearm state. I wanted to use the old man's favorite form of punishment on him when he came up with the bright idea of moving here by putting my overly large foot against his overly large buttocks with a vast amount of force. Dealing with the idiotic politicians here is a chess game with greedy monkeys. It's not all that hard to out think them but they are fast and multiply with astonishing speeds. A little bad press on the short side is a small price to pay for getting this slapped. Of course this is all conjecture since I have no idea if that was actually their plan or not. In this state you never really know who the slime balls are. If it wasn't the plan of SA and RRA to disembowel this in the courts, then more power to all to take them down. I personally don't use either of their products nor did I have plans to.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

It would be nice if this was some kind of calculated long-con on the part of SSA and RA but, given the info that's come out, that seems like wishful thinking. My opinions are not fixed - they are subject to change as new info comes to light. However, at the moment, it appears that RRA and SA are guilty of selling us up the river, in order to get their carve-out. The part that really hurts is the fact that they actually donated money (via the IFMA) to some of the most rabid anti-gun politicians in this state. That's just unforgivable. The best case scenario here is that they really were asleep at the wheel and honestly didn't know what was going on (which is really hard to believe). How is that any better than if this was totally intentional? The end result was the same and, as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.