Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Shot the .30-06 Mauser today >

Shot the .30-06 Mauser today

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Shot the .30-06 Mauser today

Old 01-29-2017, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Shot the .30-06 Mauser today

Went shooting outside today. Myself, my nephew, all 3 of my sons and my oldest son's fiance.

Won't bother with all the guns we shot but I can tell you a good place to start a lead mine.

I haven't shot it in years and years but I brought out the aught six my Dad left me. Made in Argentina and sporterized it's a nice gun. The boys were laughing at the size of the round compared to the small cartridges for the AK and AR.

All of us guys had a chance to put a few rounds thru Grandpa's aught six. None of them had ever shot it before.

Man I love that gun and it brought forth some strong emotions. The love I have for my Dad and how I miss him and the love I have for the sons I have been blessed with.

Amen

Last edited by uncle matt; 01-29-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that the Argentine Mauser was one of the best finished of the '98's. The action was widely used for custom guns as was the 1908 Brazilian. I grew up with those old military actions being surplus and plentiful and love them still.

Sounds like a great family outing. Life is short, we all should have more of those.