Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Help for a first gun >

Help for a first gun

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Help for a first gun

Old 01-20-2017, 06:12 AM
Spike

I think the reason I'm staying away from pump is just a bad history with them and personal preference,I'm defiantly getting 12 gauge,it's really the only gauge I've shot and I've shot some pretty big slugs out of them. So that's the reason I'm sticking with semi or o/u.

Also I wanted to get an 11-87 but when I shot my dads it had a slug barrel on it and it was really heavy,is it the same without the slug barrel?
Old 01-20-2017, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good entry level shotguns.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/

My O/U has well over 5,000 rounds through it !
Old 01-20-2017, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

I have a stoeger M2000 and really like it! has never failed me from dove loads to turkey loads to goose loads. But if i could only have one gun it would be a remington 870 super mag.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

My cousin has a mossberg silver reserve over and under that he really likes. I believe they can be had for under $600 new
Old 01-20-2017, 02:19 PM
Spike

I've heard good about pump shotguns,I've shot a pump,wasn't the best,I just really don't like them for whatever reasons.so pump is 100 out of the picture. I have a few guns in mind like the sa-08,11-87 and maybe the Stevens 555 o/u but I don't really know what to look for in a gun yet
Old 01-20-2017, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Shop for a USED over and under. Not much can be wrong with a used one. Check the action lock up, check the barrel and ask for a return policy in so many days if you find some thing wrong once you shoot it.
I would try and buy from a gun shop that has their own range so you can check fire it right there.
Most decent used OU's sell in this area in the $600 to $900 range.

Al