Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
6SLR anyone? >

6SLR anyone?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

6SLR anyone?

Old 01-15-2017, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 6SLR anyone?

Been thinking about what I'd like to do with a burned out 243AI recently. Was thinking about going Dasher or 6XC, but stumbled across the 6 SLR. I know I can go 243AI again, or 6 CM, or of course, the new rage machine 6 creedmoor... The 6 SLR seems pretty friendly, simple shoulder bump instead of fire forming for the AI, Dasher, or CompMatch, and WAY easier than 6XC.

Just a steel banger and long range coyote perforator, so I don't need the horsepower I get with 7Rm or 284Shehane. My 243AI basically plays the role of a long range capable 223rem, so I'm not asking for a lot, just wanting to get the 105's up over 2900. Have a 6.5creed, a couple 7-08's, 7x57, couple 284's... Not really needing another cartridge to shoot the 140+ pills. Dies, reamers, & Lapua brass (243win) are available.

Anyone shooting one?