Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
6.5 Creedmoor Rifle >

6.5 Creedmoor Rifle

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

6.5 Creedmoor Rifle

Old 12-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure why you went there, what does the 300blk have to do with anything?

Sectional density on any 300blk bullet at reasonable speed is crap (110grn 30cal is .168, only worthy of varmints and small game), any bullet in the 300 with a decent Sectional Density (SD) is only gonna be trucking sub-sonic speed, so it can't really capitalize on its potential because of its small case.

Nothing in common with the 6.5's, other than a he11 of a lot of marketing turning yet another lack-luster cartridge into a pop hit. Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga sell a lot of tickets, neither of them for the sake of actual singing talent...
Old 12-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Not sure why you went there, what does the 300blk have to do with anything?

Sectional density on any 300blk bullet at reasonable speed is crap (110grn 30cal is .168, only worthy of varmints and small game), any bullet in the 300 with a decent Sectional Density (SD) is only gonna be trucking sub-sonic speed, so it can't really capitalize on its potential because of its small case.

Nothing in common with the 6.5's, other than a he11 of a lot of marketing turning yet another lack-luster cartridge into a pop hit. Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga sell a lot of tickets, neither of them for the sake of actual singing talent...

Hahaha! Just a side note that popped in my head when you started talking about marketing hype.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Jeepkid I bet if he wanted a Diablo Custom in the Creed you'd tell him how good it was

-Jake
Old 12-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Hey Jeepkid I bet if he wanted a Diablo Custom in the Creed you'd tell him how good it was

-Jake
Build one yes but we don't "talk" people into anything.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Spike

Thank you all for help! An especially Nomercy 448!
Old 12-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

It's hard for me to believe anyone would think cartridge design has nothing to do with accuracy,or more to the point consistency.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think anyone said it has nothing to do with accuracy. In fact it is a very important part but cartridge design alone does not an "inherently accurate" design make. You have bullets that fair better with faster pressure spikes than slower build spikes. You can make a cartridge that is superior with a fast powder a complete dog by simply using a slower powder and vise versa. As I said way back there, it's a combination of all the things included in the firing up to the expulsion of the bullet. Even a simple primer switch can mean the difference of a 1MOA rifle and a 3/4 MOA rifle. To simply say a 6mmBR or the 6.5CM cartridge is accurate is a misnomer by a long shot.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

My older brother uses a phrase when he gets a new set of golf clubs; "I just brought a better golf game" - LOL